Buying a new L5740 HSTC?

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #131  
Stu right now you can't get those options on the Grand L's but it can be done. I've spent many hours designing and testing this kind of thing on the 5740 and I'm happy with it so far :)

I haven't heard that myself but I know for a fact that a high ranking member from Kubota Japan who was visiting Kubota Canada took photos of my 5740 back to Japan with him ;)

For those who haven't seen the verticle exhaust mod I did or the air ride seat, heres a few photos. For others who own a Kubota Grand L I'm working on two more what I think are cool designs that I'll post on in three weeks so stay tuned :D

front.jpg

ex14.jpg

ex15.jpg

se15.jpg

Thanks 4shorts!

I mentioned before that I looked hard at a GL5240 Cab and after test driving it I was shocked at how poorly the seat was when compared to the Air Ride seat I had in my M5040 Cab. There is no way that I would buy the GL cab version until an Air Ride seat is an option..... or until you open up a shop here in Florida to do tractor mods!

Hopefully Kubota will address the Seat and Vertical exhaust as at least options for GL owners!

Stu

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC?
Sorry to hear you had to give up riding. Id have a hard time having to do that. I'm 52 now and been riding since I was 10. My first bike was a 1969 Honda Z50 and a few years ago I found another one just like the one I had and restored it. I loved that little bike. I have three GoldWings ;) and a few other bikes that Ive restored.

You'll love the air ride seat but it's a big seat in the 5740 and proper placement is very important to make them fit right and the down side to it is the cab is to narrow to put the swivel attachment under it and that's sad because the Grammer swivel turns almost half way around. I can understand now why any swivel would benefit your needs. Sorry to hear of your issues. If you were next door I'd have you comfortable in that can within a few evenings.

Ya their pretty bad. Don't know who ok'd the likes of them in a tractor.

Hey Triple. Here's a vid of the "69 Honda Z50 I restored. Wish I was 10 again to ride it :) The song I used in the video was on the top 100 for 1969.

1969 Honda Z50 K1 Restoration - YouTube

Here's a photo of my GoldWings :laughing:

Heck, I'm sixty-five and just thankful I got to ride as long as I did, I wasn't expected to live or walk if I did, so no complaints here; gotta be thankful for what you have and not worry about what you don't.:thumbsup:

An air ride seat will be great if I can get it. I grew up driving tractors with steel seats as well as equipment like planters you had to sit on eating dust while operating it by hand, our grain drill had a walkway on the back you had to monitor all the drop tubes, clear stopages, jump down check depth, jump back on while moving etc., so I really can't complain too much about the seat in my AC cab tractor though. :laughing: My brothers are still running our old 50's, 60's open station tractors; newest is an 87. I will sure stay tuned for developments. Fortunately I have the M8540 if comfort becomes a higher priority. My wife loves the L5740, so she may take it over in time, she loves "her" BX, so the seat in the 5740 feels great to her.

Loved the restoration on the Z50, my niece and nephew learned on one just like that. My kids learned on an "Indian" branded Italajet; wish I still had it.

That Honda Dream sure brought back memories, I rode with a guy who rode one, mine was a CB160, then Bultaco, 305 Superhawk, Triumph, Yamaha and so on; love motorcycles.:thumbsup:

Here is the bike I just gave my son. It looks different now as he put drag bars on and some other stuff to personalize it.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #133  
Well thank you very much. Glad you like the Z50. Out of all the bikes I've restored and have in my collection the Z50 is my favorite. Here it is with its bigger brothers :dance1:

d6-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hey 4Shorts,

Great looking bikes. Makes me want to go out and buy one as it has been quite a few years without a bike.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #134  
Heck, I'm sixty-five and just thankful I got to ride as long as I did, I wasn't expected to live or walk if I did, so no complaints here; gotta be thankful for what you have and not worry about what you don't.:thumbsup:

An air ride seat will be great if I can get it. I grew up driving tractors with steel seats as well as equipment like planters you had to sit on eating dust while operating it by hand, our grain drill had a walkway on the back you had to monitor all the drop tubes, clear stopages, jump down check depth, jump back on while moving etc., so I really can't complain too much about the seat in my AC cab tractor though. :laughing: My brothers are still running our old 50's, 60's open station tractors; newest is an 87. I will sure stay tuned for developments. Fortunately I have the M8540 if comfort becomes a higher priority. My wife loves the L5740, so she may take it over in time, she loves "her" BX, so the seat in the 5740 feels great to her.

Loved the restoration on the Z50, my niece and nephew learned on one just like that. My kids learned on an "Indian" branded Italajet; wish I still had it.

That Honda Dream sure brought back memories, I rode with a guy who rode one, mine was a CB160, then Bultaco, 305 Superhawk, Triumph, Yamaha and so on; love motorcycles.:thumbsup:

Here is the bike I just gave my son. It looks different now as he put drag bars on and some other stuff to personalize it.

Hey TripleR,

Sorry to hear you had to give up riding, but as you said, have to be thankful for what you still have. That is a nice looking ride and I bet your son was thrilled to get his dad's bike :)

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC?
Hey TripleR,

Sorry to hear you had to give up riding, but as you said, have to be thankful for what you still have. That is a nice looking ride and I bet your son was thrilled to get his dad's bike :)

That's for sure, there are other TBN and non-members facing much more challenges than I have or will and just keep going; hats off to them.

He sure was, it has a lot of sentimental value as we worked on it together when he was growing up and it means a lot to me to be able to pass it on.:thumbsup:

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #136  
TripleR said:
....gotta be thankful for what you have and not worry about what you don't.:thumbsup:

Great quote tripleR!

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #137  
Thanks 4shorts!

I mentioned before that I looked hard at a GL5240 Cab and after test driving it I was shocked at how poorly the seat was when compared to the Air Ride seat I had in my M5040 Cab. There is no way that I would buy the GL cab version until an Air Ride seat is an option..... or until you open up a shop here in Florida to do tractor mods!

Hopefully Kubota will address the Seat and Vertical exhaust as at least options for GL owners!

Stu

The dealer or a local mechanic could put a air ride seat in.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #138  
I turned up the resistance on the suspensions seat and it rides a lot better.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #140  
I bet cranked it up 5 or 6. It would have been ice if the OM said how to adjust it.