Buying a new L5740 HSTC?

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC?
Have you price checked Barlow's in Ky ?
Also have the dealer or someone check to see if there are any "new /old stock tractors sitting around on a dealers lot that can be had for less money.

I didn't check with Barlow's on this one, but have in the past and the difference was not enough for me to go with them in light of the freebies etc. I get locally. I have also gotten to be pretty good friends with the owner and their only sales person. They sent people my way when we had equipment for sale with no commission, dropped off parts etc at no charge. I may pay a bit more, but in the end we come out ahead though I am sure Barlow is a great dealership. I have unique needs that require a local dealership, so I stick with them.

The dealer had some "new pink tractors" a few months ago from a dealer that cleared their lot going out of business or something, but they were all open station and I don't think I could handle that color. I don't wax my tractors, but sure don't like that level of exposure.

If I get it, I will do some checking on the FEL and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the help.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #12  
Something in my head screams about having a couple of our 5740 boys (4shorts and high compression) to start doing some design work. Maybe a custom grab rail and crutch holder. Just remember, we love pictures.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #13  
I love my 5740. It doesn't disappoint! :)

Something in my head screams about having a couple of our 5740 boys (4shorts and high compression) to start doing some design work. Maybe a custom grab rail and crutch holder. Just remember, we love pictures.

If I get it, I will be sure to get some pictures. I saved some pictures somewhere of a member who had built a ramp and platform for his neighbor, but can't find them; sure I could have my brothers fix something up like that. Someone else also put a gun mount on the right door to hold a rifle/shotgun that might work for crutches.

I love my 5740. It doesn't disappoint! :)

I had a little trouble with the one I took for a test as the auto throttle threw me off a bit. I really like the concept though and can see where it would be really nice with a little practice.

I have only driven one tractor that I really liked right off the bat though, so I am use to it.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #16  
The auto throttle can be a bit of a change of perspective, but I have adjusted to it nicely. It's great with loader work. I am considering a tweak to the factory setting though. It seems like it spins up a bit sooner than I need it, but it's an easy adjustment. Overall I like the feature a lot.

The auto throttle can be a bit of a change of perspective, but I have adjusted to it nicely. It's great with loader work. I am considering a tweak to the factory setting though. It seems like it spins up a bit sooner than I need it, but it's an easy adjustment. Overall I like the feature a lot.

I imagine I may have to do some fine tuning on one as well. I really don't know how this one was set, it "seemed" to be more sensitive to what I am use to, but I know there are sensitivity setting and adjustments that can be made to the linkage on the auto throttle. I can see me turning everything off while spending the day using the rotary cutter then turning it back on for other tasks.

Bucktaker has posted on issues with FEL strength, has anyone else had one perform to less than their expectations?

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #19  
I moved 20 ton of crushed stone this week and didn't notice any problems with the capacity of my loader.

I moved 20 ton of crushed stone this week and didn't notice any problems with the capacity of my loader.

I believe his issues were with the curl/dump rather than lift capacity. I have used that to extricate myself from mud and a washout or two.