Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules?

/ Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules? #61  
What exactly is "safely hauling stone or gravel?" I think that is BS.
Its heavy, very dense. Easy to exceed tow ratings and equipment capacity. Most people do not even know what trailer brakes are, much less use them. Requires being tarped, otherwise creates safety issues spilling onto highway or hitting other vehicles. I can go on.

CT

/ Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules? #62  
I’ve mentioned this here before, I pulled into a coworker’s driveway just after he brought home a load of stone in a borrowed 14 yard dump trailer pulled behind his company Silverado 1500. I asked what’s that, about 3 yards? 8100 lbs + the trailer, and he had pulled it right through town at around 4:00 PM... with no trailer brakes.
That might be why some places hesitate to load private vehicles.

/ Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules? #63  
Hooked up the Big Tex dump trailer to get a load of 5/8 yesterday. When i got to the pit where i have bought for 30 years i was told by dispatch that MSHA prohibits anyone without a contractors license from being in the pit or buyIng rock. I maintain 1/4 mile gravel road. Anyone else heard about such nonsense?
I have worked for a quarry for 30 years an dealt with MSHA twice a year every year never heard such a rule! You don’t have to have a contractor license to buy stone! We sell to private customers everyday!

/ Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules? #64  
I have worked for a quarry for 30 years an dealt with MSHA twice a year every year never heard such a rule! You don’t have to have a contractor license to buy stone! We sell to private customers everyday!
He, as well as the OP of another similar thread, are in Washington state. Could be that they have different rules to follow.

/ Buying crushed rock -- new MSHA rules? #65  
Not sure of the buying part but the entering part is because of safety concerns, to many idiots showing up and letting their kids run around and adults not staying in their truck.
Also most quarry loaders are large and can do damage loading pickups/trailers.
PPG's are a must here and drivers must stay in the vehicle