Buying Advice Buying from Alibaba

/ Buying from Alibaba #1  

Russotouristo

Tractor
kubota 2230
Hi, everyone.
I am new to the forum. A while ago began looking for a 3pt tiller for my Kubota BX2230.
The question: does anyone has any experience buying the tractor implements from Alibaba/ Aliexpress?
Delivery charges, quality etc. I will appreciate any information.

/ Buying from Alibaba #3  
I get a page of all manner of stuff. Already too confusing for me.

I tried contacting Alibaba vendors years ago and never got any response. A language barrier is something not to be taken too lightly. Seems some vendors use that when it is most to their advantage. Speak a little English when they want to sell you something, and that becomes not at all, when you have a problem.

At least with E-Bay, they have purchase insurance. In fact I have learned that E-Bay is quite brutal to their vendors and favours the buyer, even unfairly. If Alibaba had such a mechanism, I would be more favourable to trying.

/ Buying from Alibaba #4  
And when you ask a question the answer is always 'yes, yes very good, you buy, yes?'
LOL, worst conversation was in the car (cellphone) when a Chinese caller tried to close a transaction.
Barely understood 10% of the conversation!

IMO Ali Baba is a decent site, Best is to use Paypal via a CC as you then have double avenues of protection.
If Paypal time limit expires the CC is always a backup as they can reverse payments, mind U the vender can protest but I suspect they rarely do if they are in a questionable situation.

One recent 'quasi scam' in my opinion was a nice photo of an item with some apparent options.
The item in itself was pricy but the listed price was for the minor spare part.
OK, I did get that 'spare part' but really have no use for it as I wanted the main item.
Basically a 'bait and switch' technique.

/ Buying from Alibaba #6  
I did once. Cheap, but cheesy. Something always seems to be lacking when you go for cost only.

/ Buying from Alibaba #8  
When ever I've tried shopping with Alibaba they always show large lot prices i:e wheel bearing 150 for $ 25.95 etc.. What am I going to do with 149 extra bearings? Maybe they are so poor that you need a new one every other day.
On the other hand Jack Ma is one rich guy for a reason.

/ Buying from Alibaba #9  
Same here.

I saw a piece on the founder some time ago and it did lend a little more credability to the name, in my mind.

EDIT: Got confused. Yes I bought from Bangood off E-Bay, but I was thinking about buying from Tomtop. A lot of neat stuff!

Last edited:
   / Buying from Alibaba #10  
I'm trying my best to avoid anything chinese. It's virtually impossible but I'm trying.

I swore off ridged tool because they are made in china, except.......found their 15 amp corded! circle saw was made in Vietnam, so I bought it.

Amazing to me, a world power who has publicly stated their goal was to dominate the world, to kick our a**, and we just keep supporting them because it's all so convenient. USAUSAUSA

The donald was the only guy to stand up to them.