Buying opinions

/ Buying opinions #1  

kahona731

Tractor
case 446
Hi, I recently moved on to some acreage and my little case 446 tractor has been beat to death trying to keep up. I've decided I need something bigger. The local Mahindra dealer has a couple 2017 tractors new still in the yard for sale, under 5 hours on both combined. They are emax 22hst and Max 26, they both have loader and mid mount mower, I'm just not sure if they are priced appropriately. The emax is 12,500 and the max is 15,900, does that seem appropriate?

/ Buying opinions #3  
How much acreage?I have 2 mahindras and like them both . the 2810 i use at my home on 11 acres for mowing brush hogging and road gradind and it is good for that.My 2538 i have at our 360 acre farm it is small for alot of tasks on that much ground but it is great in the woods and for food plot work.

/ Buying opinions
We're on 26 acres, most jobs will be grading mowing and clearing downed trees. I feel like loader capacity is important but I don't want anything too big so I can take it in the woods and my wife will be comfortable driving it too.

/ Buying opinions #5  
I would definetly go bigger than the max. The 2538 or 2555hst size tractors would be better. Also look at Ls tractors a freind just bought the xr 4140 and it is very nice. I think 40 hp should be a good size for your needs.

/ Buying opinions #6  
Your wife will love an hst. they are much easier to operate. my 2538 turns extremely tight , i use it in my woods all the time. and my woods are very thick. i maintain about 2 miles of trails. a grapple will be a good thing to have.

/ Buying opinions #7  
Welcome to TBN.

You'll get lots of opinions here. We are full of them. :D

/ Buying opinions
No farming here just maintaining and making trails and cleaning up the woods. With the exception of the area where we built the new house it's all woods, very overgrown. I've been working on it with my walk behind 2 wheel gravely brush hog but definitely need more, need to move downed trees I will cut up to manageable sizes. I agree a grapple will be very useful, the budget well determine when I am able to get that, till then I can strap logs to the bucket.

/ Buying opinions #9  
just wondering...does the 466 have a stable mate yet?

:tractor: ding beep