Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #1  

supermegaultrachimp

Tractor
Oliver S55
Sorry if this has been addressed a lot already in these forums, but I haven't found it.

I'm really interested in purchasing a Rk24 or Rk37 tractor. It seems like what I can get for the price point (with backhoe, 4x4, and loader) is substantially better ($5-7k acquisition cost) than what I can find from JD or Kubota. Not only that, I would get many more features for the price and what appears to be a much better machine overall. I understand that resale won't be as good for the RK Tractor, but I don't care all that much - I'd rather have the best tractor for me, not somebody else.

The problem I'm getting hung up on is service. I simply don't live close to a Rural King store. It's about 4-5 hours away. I completely understand that I might have to turn a wrench myself if something breaks, but I really need Rural King to stand behind me and be willing to ship me the parts that I need (I can even pay shipping) if something breaks.

Has anyone else purchased in a similar situation to me? Am I crazy and should I be going to the local TYM dealer instead? Thanks!

Edit: My current tractor is an Oliver. They're defunct and there's no support. So I'm not entirely unused to this, but I just don't want to be making a poor decision.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King
If you are joining us, join us. Add your location to your T-B-N PROFILE.

RK tractors are made by TYM in Korea.

Branson tractors are made by TYM.

Some smaller Mahindra tractor models are TYM tractors badged for Mahindra.

You could shop any of these brands. Features will vary somewhat by brand but the tractors are all TYM.

Oh yeah hey I'm in NY.

I've looked at those manufacturers and the tractors seem to be lacking a lot of the features I'm seeing on the RK Tractor. Maybe I'm missing something here? For example, the cab in the TYM tractor seems to be heat only, but the RK Tractor has cooling. The PTO engage on RK Tractor is similar to the JD system, which is different from TYM. Again, maybe I am missing something here...

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #3  
How far is the nearest RK dealer to you? Personally I would not make a large purchase on something that could need warranty work in the future and the dealer be to far to bring the tractor or cost to much money to send it there..

How far is the nearest RK dealer to you? Personally I would not make a large purchase on something that could need warranty work in the future and the dealer be to far to bring the tractor or cost to much money to send it there..

Here in NY the nearest RK dealer is about 4-5 hours away. You're right, it's definitely not an ideal situation.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #5  
What other dealers are close(r). There are several other brands with prices lower than RK for similar packages.

What other dealers are close(r). There are several other brands with prices lower than RK for similar packages.

Wow, I did not realize that.

Locally we have two TYM Dealers, multiple Yanmar dealers, 1 branson dealer, some LS dealers, and most other brands represented. Offhand can you think of anybody that is offering a similar feature package for a better price?

Thanks!

EDIT: and of course we have about 10 stores from the same JD dealer, Kubota, Mahindra, and Massey. Basically everything except RK.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #7  
Offhand can you think of anybody that is offering a similar feature package for a better price?

Mine was a little under $19K with FEL, BH, MMM, 48" Tiller and Subsoiler.

The Massey GC I looked at was similar, but there was a conflict between the BH and MMM, and a financing issue.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #8  
Wow, I did not realize that.

Locally we have two TYM Dealers, multiple Yanmar dealers, 1 branson dealer, some LS dealers, and most other brands represented. Offhand can you think of anybody that is offering a similar feature package for a better price?

Thanks!

EDIT: and of course we have about 10 stores from the same JD dealer, Kubota, Mahindra, and Massey. Basically everything except RK.

You are going to have to start researching.. Go and check the brands that are local to you and that you might use for service and repairs first, No doubt you will find what you are looking for in one of the above brand tractors.. If you can't match the price of the RK which you may not be able to, you will find one that suits you're needs.. RK looks like they offer a lot for the money but what good is the savings if it's going to cost a fortune to get it repaired..

Are you a gambling man or a good mechanic or both?

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #9  
I believe I read on this forum that RK would not sell a tractor to somebody outside their normal service range. So even if you had cash in hand, they would not sell to you based on this.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #10  
I believe I read on this forum that RK would not sell a tractor to somebody outside their normal service range. So even if you had cash in hand, they would not sell to you based on this.

The RK Tractor Guy said they could not (commerce laws) and would not stop you from purchasing a tractor...If you live 1,000 miles away and want it then come get it. The issue is with warranty service. An extraneous service network besides the RK Store was alluded to but until RK can finalize such a program you have to take the tractor to the store for warranty service. hth.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...ght-new-rk-24-a-4.html?highlight=#post5202883 <-- see post # 33