Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #21  
I drove 9hrs each way to pick up an rk24. RK was great to work with, made it clear they would work with me, sending parts if possible, but anything major may require me to bring the tractor to them.

I will look into making the trip again to get the quicktach conversion, 3rd function and grapple. Depends on the price.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #22  
Tennsawdust,
I was shopping for a dump trailer today, and the place next door had a kioti 24hp. It looked similar to the rk24, but I think the tires are smaller and the drivers station wasn’t as nice or ergonomic as the rk. Does the Kioti allow for a backhoe? I didn’t check pricing.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #23  
Well i bought a LS XG3135 SS w/loader for $18,000 with a remote added out the door with tax from a dealer with a shop 25 miles from me that has been a dealer for LS since they came in the US market and got a offer from a large LS dealer in Louisiana 250 miles for $16900 +tax i also talked with RK and TYM for a tractor in the 35hp range with shuttle shift none could beat the price with tax. I like both the RK and TYM but they had no dealers with a shop close by and LS has a cheaper price with just as good tractor in my openion.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King
So interesting to read what you guys are experiencing/have experienced. I'm honestly so torn about this decision.

Just got back from Kubota and for the price of a RK37 Tractor WITH A CAB, I can get a less featured machine with 33 hp. Seeing similar pricing from my local TYM dealer as indicated above.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #25  
So interesting to read what you guys are experiencing/have experienced. I'm honestly so torn about this decision.

Just got back from Kubota and for the price of a RK37 Tractor WITH A CAB, I can get a less featured machine with 33 hp. Seeing similar pricing from my local TYM dealer as indicated above.

So what is the savings from other brands with the cab compared to the RK37 you are looking into?

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King
So what is the savings from other brands with the cab compared to the RK37 you are looking into?

Sorry, I should clarify. I recently learned that the cab for a 35-40 hp CUT won't fit in a 7' garage door, so sadly the cab is out. I just mentioned it to emphasize how much cheaper RK is.

For pure comparison, I'm seeing pricing of 33.5k for a 37 hp kubota with hst and backhoe, 27.5k for the same spec from RK, 27k for the same spec from TYM. 31.1k for the Deere 3038e with a Deere Backhoe. All prices pre-negotiation/haggling. Kubota and JD have 0%, 0 money down, no similar offer on the competitors. However, Kubota also requires buying their insurance for another $1500. Unclear on JD insurance requirements.

So, basically, I'd be spending 6-7k more for a machine with less features, but better service and a more distinctive name and paint color.

EDIT: Still waiting for pricing from Mahindra, Massey and Kioti. Interesting, the JD E series is a lot cheaper than Kubota.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #27  
Sorry, I should clarify. I recently learned that the cab for a 35-40 hp CUT won't fit in a 7' garage door, so sadly the cab is out. I just mentioned it to emphasize how much cheaper RK is.

For pure comparison, I'm seeing pricing of 33.5k for a 37 hp kubota with hst and backhoe, 27.5k for the same spec from RK, 27k for the same spec from TYM. All prices pre-negotiation/haggling. Kubota has 0%, 0 money down, no similar offer on the competitors. However, Kubota also requires buying their insurance for another $1500.

So, basically, I'd be spending 6-7k more for a machine with less features, but better service and a more distinctive name and paint color.

I see you're dilemma. So if you can turn a wrench, not care about resale value because at this early stage RK resale value is not something we can accurately establish, if they will send you parts through the mail and you have the cash to pay for the tractor it might be worth the risk of having no local servicing dealer..

It's a tough one, that's a lot of money in savings providing you have the cash to buy the tractor outright the problem is, IF the tractor had some kind of major issue, then you would be in a tough spot..

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #28  
Tennsawdust,
I was shopping for a dump trailer today, and the place next door had a kioti 24hp. It looked similar to the rk24, but I think the tires are smaller and the drivers station wasn’t as nice or ergonomic as the rk. Does the Kioti allow for a backhoe? I didn’t check pricing.

Both Kioti and LS offer a backhoe. The dealer had examples of both on the lot. He has a MT125 TLB with MMM for $17,500. The MT125 is a little bit smaller than the RK 24, but I can see why people like it.

It gets a bit confusing because LS and Kioti (and others) build multiple 24-25 hp models that bracket the RK24 (even TYM does this). The RK 24 weighs 1610 lbs and has 10" front and 15" rear rims. In the Kioti lineup the CS2510 weighs 1485 lbs and has 10" front and 12" rear rims. The CK2510 weighs 2260 lbs and has 12" front and 16.5" rear rims (if equipped with R4 tires). In the LS line you have three options: MT125 which weighs 1444 lbs and has 10" front 12" rear rims, the XJ2025H which weighs 1609 lbs and has 12" front and 16.5" rear rims, and the XG3025H that weighs 2434 lbs and has 14" front and 20" rear rims.

In the subcompact category RK has a pretty good position staked out with the RK19 and RK24. They could maybe use something in between the RK24 and the RK37 (just big enough to run a 5 foot brush cutter would be great!), but that can come later. I'm sure they are working hard enough to eat the parts of the elephant they have already bitten off.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #29  

For pure comparison, I'm seeing pricing of 33.5k for a 37 hp kubota with hst and backhoe, 27.5k for the same spec from RK, 27k for the same spec from TYM. 31.1k for the Deere 3038e with a Deere Backhoe. All prices pre-negotiation/haggling. Kubota and JD have 0%, 0 money down, no similar offer on the competitors. However, Kubota also requires buying their insurance for another $1500. Unclear on JD insurance requirements.

EDIT: Still waiting for pricing from Mahindra, Massey and Kioti. Interesting, the JD E series is a lot cheaper than Kubota.

It seems like JD and Massey both have some models they can really sharpen their pencil on and others they can't. I was a bit stunned by how high Mahindra came in on the two I had them quote.

Good luck on your decision. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you buy, but it isn't something you do every day and it is a lot of money. It's worth some time and research.