BX 1880 issues

/ BX 1880 issues #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Got a new BX 1880 about 8 months ago. Used it to move snow several time and stared mowing with it in May. At just over 15 hours, forth 35 minute mow job, the deck started coming apart while my wife was riding it. Found all the left outboard pulley bolts had come lose and 3 had fallen out. All the bolts on the right side were just finger tight. Obviously they were never tightened at assembly. Got new hardened bolts, tighten everything up and finished the yard. After parking it in garage I noticed a slight trans axle leak from the case seam just behind the drain plug. Took pictures of what was going on and emailed to my sales rep.Service called and said we can pick it up but no idea when they’d ever look at it, too busy. Got ahold of the service adviser and said theyd put it asap with no idea if and when they’d come get it. I said the deck was quiet with no vibration and the oil leak was not serious, have not had any oil level change yet, could I use it until they come get it. They said that’s up to me but any problems that developed would not be warranted because I reported the problem to them. I literally have a $14000.00 paper weight now that the dealer has no intention of helping me with in the foreseeable future.
This is my fourth Kubota since 1983, never had a warranty issue with the L or the 2 B’s and had minimal other issues over the decades. Seams tractor dealers just don’t give a crap. What would any of you do, they couldn’t care less about my needs after the sale. I figure just keep an eye
on the oil level and keep fingers crossed. Ran fine after deck repair. Thanks

Attachments

• 36B36799-D9EF-4857-850E-2304CE0B410B.jpeg
    36B36799-D9EF-4857-850E-2304CE0B410B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 87
  • 95265B49-2D29-4C22-8908-99CFBB686DC1.jpeg
    95265B49-2D29-4C22-8908-99CFBB686DC1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
   / BX 1880 issues #2  
Fix your own self then you know it’s done right.

/ BX 1880 issues #3  
Well, is it under guarantee or not? That is not a maybe, and is not out of the goodness of the dealer's heart. You can make them honor the guarantee. It is black and white. Yes or no.

/ BX 1880 issues #4  
Any alternate dealers you can use? Your current one sounds bad.

/ BX 1880 issues
No other dealer that will drop what they are doing to fix a warranty issue on a unit they didn’t sell. Yes it’s under factory warranty.

/ BX 1880 issues #6  
Seems like the BX's are a bunch of turds nowadays. Mines at dealer now so they can try to figure out why loader isn't level, why the hydraulics settle within a couple hours, the bucket cylinder loses pressure faster. The seat frame rubs against the fender metal that is just above fuel tank on right side. Already replaced the small bolt that holds that front plastic driveshaft universal cover in place, noticed that riding on the shaft a couple weeks ago. Seriously regretting this BX2380 purchase. Oh, and that seat frame rubbing issue? That's the way they all are on the BX's, I looked at the new ones on the lot....

/ BX 1880 issues #7  
The older BX's, especially the BX2200 that was pretty much metal everything was, in my opinion, the best model year.

I keep looking at L3901 and L4701 machines, and I can't get over the amount of plastic on a piece of equipment.

/ BX 1880 issues #8  
Don’t look at a John Deere then🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’m surprised Kubota still has metal hood and fenders on the BX…

/ BX 1880 issues #9  
No other dealer that will drop what they are doing to fix a warranty issue on a unit they didn’t sell. Yes it’s under factory warranty.
Most dealers have plenty of service work to do. None are doing it solely because they sold the tractor. If it is under warrantee the servicing dealer gets paid well for doing the work. None of them (well very few, including a selling dealer) will "drop what they are doing" to work on anyone's stuff. Nor should we expect them to. If it is under warrantee then you can take it to any authorized dealer and get it fixed. If you detest one dealer and love the other one, then take it where you like the service better. If the distance or convenience is drastically different then you have a compromise to pick. What exactly is unusual about any of this ?