BX telescoping stabilizer replacement

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #21  
You're right. I came to this same conclusion after I thought about it some more. Looking closely at Walt's setup, he actually made "keyholes" in the ends of the flat pieces to allow the use of what looks like the original clevis. Quick links like you use to connect chain might work as well.

Attachments

• 422908-quick link.jpg
    422908-quick link.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 330
   / BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #22  
I don't know why, but I was always afraid to use the quick links except in light load applications. For the stabilizers, I guess they'd be more than adequate.
Yep, I like Walt's installation!

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement
Just to give an update on this. The two parts that mount to the tractor to give independent movement of the telescoping stabilizers for the 2710 also fit on the BX 2200. Apparently the round stock running across the back of the frame is the same diameter on both models. The only trick is, you have to locate some pipe of similar size and cut three different pieces to space the parts and keep them there. Measurements were 1.75" for the two between the the lower hitch arms and the 2710 mounts and a 1" piece to seperate the two. Originally I was going to have the pipe welded to each piece but looks like it will work fine as they are. Those 2710 pieces are not cheap though. Paid $26.70 each at my local dealer.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #24  
Could you post a picture of the finished conversion???? thanks

Give me a day or two and I'll try to get a picture for you.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #26  
I just did this on my B7510. The question I have is...

The square "tube" that attaches to the tractor at the rear between the lift arms... did you bolt it to the flat metal "hinge" plates (as the tube cannot be sandwiched between the plates like the BX series), or did you do something different? I just placed the "tube" on top of the "plate" and bolted through with double nuts backed off enough to let the "tube" move. Understand? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the 7500, so I don't know how the setup is. On the 2200, all these pieces slide onto the round metal bar between the frame rails. The telescoping arm ends slide and pin between the two flat plates on the 2710 mounting pieces.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #28  
Yeah, I don't have the "two flat plates" on each side, only one flat plate each side. Thanks. Any B7500 modifiers thoughts appreciated.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #29  
Here's what my B7500 looks like after replacing the arms...........chim

Attachments

• 438304-P5290016.JPG
    438304-P5290016.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 333
   / BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #30  
You replaced the brackets that are on the "shaft" just inside each lift arm. So, your new "telescoping check chains" are attached at the rear of the tractor between two plates. I utilized the original attachment plate at the rear of the tractor (bolting to one side of the plate) and went from there. Thanks for the pic.