BX1880 3ph slow to lift

/ BX1880 3ph slow to lift
So, like I said they isolated the problem to the control valve for the 3ph. My dealer told me he had a hard time swallowing $700+ for a new valve without knowing WHY that one wasn't working properly. He disassembled it (the fella I'm speaking of is the one who owns the dealership. He tore my tractor down himself, I love that place) and found that the spring for the check valve was inserted backwards. I wish I had the picture, but basically the spring had a conical shape, and the "big end" was turned toward the steel ball. So the ball was inside the spring. It didn't take much flow to push the ball sealing the opening and closing the check valve. He turned the spring around so the small end was facing the ball and VIOLA! Works perfectly.

/ BX1880 3ph slow to lift #12  
So, like I said they isolated the problem to the control valve for the 3ph. My dealer told me he had a hard time swallowing $700+ for a new valve without knowing WHY that one wasn't working properly. He disassembled it (the fella I'm speaking of is the one who owns the dealership. He tore my tractor down himself, I love that place) and found that the spring for the check valve was inserted backwards. I wish I had the picture, but basically the spring had a conical shape, and the "big end" was turned toward the steel ball. So the ball was inside the spring. It didn't take much flow to push the ball sealing the opening and closing the check valve. He turned the spring around so the small end was facing the ball and VIOLA! Works perfectly.
Thanks for letting us know, I wonder if any other dealer would have found that?

Best,

ed

/ BX1880 3ph slow to lift
I suspect most would have just replaced the valve, but I don't know. Fixed is fixed as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure disassembling this one and fixing it saved me some time waiting on parts to ship!