BX22 Stuck in Turtle !!

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #21  
It has to do with the fact that one is a BX series and the other is a B series, two complete different tractors. Also, the B series has a clutch pedal, no BX ever did.
Kubota changed their wiring and safety switches after the BX30 series. The BX24 and BX50 series and later models have a safety switch on the hydro linkage rather that the Range selector lever.
Attached is a list of BX series and years built.
Both the BX2230 and the B26TLB that JWR is quoting from are mine. Both are HST. The BX2230 has 2 ranges, while the B26TLB has 3 ranges. No clutches.

The backhoe has not been off the tractor in my ownership, other than when the mechanic showing me how when I picked it up in Feb 2018. Jon

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #22  
Both the BX2230 and the B26TLB that JWR is quoting from are mine. Both are HST. The BX2230 has 2 ranges, while the B26TLB has 3 ranges. No clutches.

The backhoe has not been off the tractor in my ownership, other than when the mechanic showing me how when I picked it up in Feb 2018. Jon
I guess I should have stated that some of the B series had a clutch pedal, no BX series ever did. Some B series have a safety switch on the clutch pedal rather than on the hydro pedal or the Range lever.

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #23  
I have an L model with 600+ hours and it was always difficult to shift between L/M/H. At about 400 hours it was in M and ever since I have been unable to shift to either L or H. I've screwed with the linkage, bumped it fwd and back while trying and directed harsh words at it. My solution was to discover that for the tasks I require, M works just fine! I don't know much about BX models but in my book, hard shifting is a "feature" of Kubota, at least the range selections on Hydro models.

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #24  
My BX2200 has to be in N and the treadle needs to be in the middle for it to start. It gets me all the time to this day.

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #26  
My BX2360 will start in either rabbit or turtle, always has.

/ BX22 Stuck in Turtle !! #27  
All BX series after the BX30 series will start with the range lever in either Hi or Low.