BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #21  
Ever bother to check the oil in the front axle? I still maintain one of the outboards is failing. I suggest you go to www.kubotabooks.com and download the shop manual for your tractor.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #22  
That's a differential, so make sure the play you see isn't just the driveshaft turning - unless you put it in 4wd to keep the shaft from turning. That wobbly u-joint doesn't sound good.

[edit to add] Just tested on my '24. Couldn't get it into 4wd w/out moving but it was sufficient to reach under and prevent the shaft from turning by hand. That done, the slop was only a couple of degrees as reported above.

Zoltan

Last edited:
   / BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #23  
Getting the front driveshaft / bearings / Ujoints tight/connected and aligned would be the first step - as if you "feel" it in the floorboard is likely the front shafts hitting something - there is a center bearing too - like a carrier bearing on the shaft in the diagram.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling
Update - Turned out the biggest culprit in my issue was a very loose front axle nut. I re-torqued it to spec and majority of my noise/feeling is gone.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #25  
Thank you for following thru and success in fixing your issue. So many times posters put out an issue/problem and never close the case.

Happy Tractoring!