BX2200 or B7500HST

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #1  

LJT

Looking for my first tractor. I have 10 acres here in MN. 3/4 AC is lawn the rest is solid woods. 220' paved driveway. Seriously considering the BX2200 with FEL, 60" or 54" MMM and a rear blade. But after spending sometime on this site (great info) I starting to wonder if a B7500HST might be better. Everything I've read about the BX has been very positive and it sounds like I'd be very happy with it but with the woods I'm a little concerned about clearance. I'll use the FEL for snow removal and hauling logs and brush. Land is pretty flat with a gentle slope around the house. Like to keep the investment under $14K. Appreciate any input you might have.

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #2  
I have a B7500HST with the 60" MMM. I traded in an old G6200H with a 48" deck. This was their large lawn tractor when I got it. The dealer priced the B7500HST with 60" MMM, LA302 FEL, and turf tires at $14,200. I'm probably going to get the FEL added, they were out when I got it the end of July and didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks for the FEL at the time. I have since got a Woods BB48 rotary cutter and a Woods 5000 chipper shredder. Both of these perform well with the B7500. I have also used a 75 gal. 3 pt. pto driven sprayer, which also performed well. I have really been impressed with the maneuverability using attachments. I've been use to using a big tractor with larger implements. I won't be using the sprayer with the big tractor anymore.
The BX is probably a great machine, but you might be more limited on implements.

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #3  
Can you provide information on the sprayer type and approx. price. Thanks...

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #4  
I have a B7500 HST with 60" MMM and FEL and use it on a 11 acre place and it's wonderful! Been bush hogging the hill the past couple of weeks and the "Bota goes and goes and goes.

Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #5  
I have a B7500HST (Lucy). Have a FEL, Woods 4' brush cutter, Woods 4' box blade, & T&T. One of the finest investments we've ever made.

However, the BX is a fine machine too.

I would go down your "to do" list, and also try to build a "if I could only" list, and rate each job for each machine on a 1-5 scale, where 1 is low, and 5 is high, etc.

High score wins.

The GlueGuy

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #6  
i went through the same dilema, there was not that much of a difference in price between the 2. my dealer let me try both tractors and decided to go for 7500. the better ground clearance, availability of r-4 tires and larger capacity 3-point were my big deciding factors. i would have liked a cup holder but i guess i will get over that and have been very happy with the choice.

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #7  
I just got my 7500 and it is great. No MMM but I got the FEL and bought a 4ft KingKutter mower and a box blade. I too looked at the BX but the ground clearance would have been a problem for me. ( I hate getting stuck) :)
Jim

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #8  
I also live in Minnesota and decided on the BX2200. It has been awesome. I got mine with the 60" MMM and FEL for $12,500. Another $1500 gets me a tiller (and maybe a rear blade also). I would recommend what ever you get to try and package implements. From reading other experiences on this board you'll get better deals.

Also, don't worry about implements for the BX. If you keep searching TBN you'll see that a lot of us BX users have a lot of the implements the bigger boys have (just smaller!)

I also had questions about the ground clearance but I have been pleasantly surprised with the BX. My land has a lot of slopes and hills and I haven't yet had any issues. Really think about what you're going to need ground clearance for if you are mainly on flat land.

Just my 2 cents.............

Fuzzmental

/ BX2200 or B7500HST
Where about in MN do you live?. I'm in North Branch (about 35 mi north of the cities) That seems like a pretty fair price you got. What dealer did you go through? The closest one to me (4 mi) is Olson Power in NB.

/ BX2200 or B7500HST #10  
I just bought a b7500 5 weeks ago and love it so far. I don't mow with it but have a 352 loader and a box scraper. My dealer warned me that the bx2200 would not live to be a senior citizen with use I had intended. I maintain 9 acres and use it for snow removal.
Jethro