BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #11  
Last night I had to replace the battery in my BX2660 (the battery tender was not keeping the 8 yr old original battery up to par anymore) So while I installed the new one , I put the clamp on leads from the battery tender on the terminals too , and slid the battery in and checked and I see the clamps don't touch anything , and I drilled a hole in side of dashboard and ran the two prong plug out the side, now I can plug in tender anytime I feel need without having to pull the battery out to access the terminals. I hope my simple way works out. I can't see why it wouldn't by leaving clamps on . I guess I could cut the clamps off and put circle terminals and use the terminal bolts instead eventually.
Boy I would not just clamp them on. You won't know when a clamp comes loose or worse... short out something or get some chafing, etc. Put some eye or fork connectors under the terminals and forget about it.

Lazy man's approach: pigtail rings under the battery terminal bolts. Pigtail connector pokes out under the bottom of the battery/air intake screen.

Been that way for years on my BX24. Inelegant but it works.

Z.
The lazy man's approach was mine too until I got tired of having to reposition the wire a couple times while taking the console off and/or opening up the hood, depending on where I had the wire poke out.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #12  
The lazy man's approach was mine too until I got tired of having to reposition the wire a couple times while taking the console off and/or opening up the hood, depending on where I had the wire poke out.

I pretty much count on gravity to do the positioning :) The connector just sits there where I don't quite step on it.

Z.

BX24 Battery Tender.jpg