BX2360 with RCK60B23BX mower deck belt

/ BX2360 with RCK60B23BX mower deck belt #1  

bdeboer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2402D
BX2360 with around 475 hours. Original mower deck belt broke. Picked one up from the local dealer, as a replacement. While replacing it I decided to check the gearbox oil and it was empty. The threads on the sight hole for checking the gearbox oil level were stripped. I tapped the M8 to 3/8 and put new bolt in. Spindles, Idler, and Tensioner no slop, all turn and move easily. Gearbox is quiet etc.

Ran about 8 hours on the new belt and it broke. Gearbox still is full. What am I missing? Is the gearbox trash? replacements online are over $1400.

Thanks

/ BX2360 with RCK60B23BX mower deck belt #2  
They don't like to run dry so you may or may not have more issues with it soon?

Probably a good idea to monitor the level frequently to see if you can figure out how fast it's leaking.

/ BX2360 with RCK60B23BX mower deck belt
They don't like to run dry so you may or may not have more issues with it soon?

Probably a good idea to monitor the level frequently to see if you can figure out how fast it's leaking.
Didn't seem like it lost any fluid after the 2nd belt broke. Still not sure what happened to the 2nd belt, other than it broke.

I ordered an Amazon aftermarket belt today, rather than the Kubota replacement that just broke to test it. $32 vs $120. See what happens