Loader BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking?

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #11  
I do not have a BX but all my hydraulic systems with quick connects drip a little. I try not to run them on the driveway any more than need be. Our rain washes away hydraulic drips faster than engine oil drips, so it is not much of an issue to me.

My neighbour had his replaced about 6 weeks ago. Then about 4 weeks ago mine started leaking. I've been waiting and waiting for the replacement since the. They are now on back order with no date as to when it will be available. I would've thought that Kubota would be making an effort to increase production and availability of these things.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #12  
I purchased my BX2380 in May of 2017 and I did have problems with the quad hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking sometimes. The leak was from a few drops per day to drops per minute.

A couple of months ago I had the machine at the dealers and I asked about the leaking connector. They showed me a service advisory indicating that there was a problem with a leaking coupler on the BX2380. The service advisory was not a manatory recall but was a fix if the customer complains.

They changed the coupling and I have had no leaks since then. No charge.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #13  
I recall some brief discussion on this over on Orange Tractor Talks forum. As GordonE points out, there is a service advisory to fix leaking couplers. Sounds like your dealer is ready to fix it when you go in for your 50 hr service.

I've had no issues with mine leaking, ever. I R&R my FEL quite often also, but am always careful to wipe everything off before reconnecting.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking?
Anyone have an issue with this assembly leaking (slow) and dripping on their driveway? Any fixes such as reactuating the assembly?

Tnx,
glenkView attachment 563452

The quad upper block assembly that comes off with lever was replaced on mine. It seems to have solved the leaking problem but I haven't done a lot of FEL work since then. I will be doing some shortly and will update the thread.

The quad upper block assembly that comes off with lever was replaced on mine. It seems to have solved the leaking problem but I haven't done a lot of FEL work since then. I will be doing some shortly and will update the thread.

I was using the FEL pretty hard. I moved a dry mound of 2-3 yards of clay rock and soil and then leveling the area afterwards. Happy to say, it didn't leak at all.

The only further test would be to disconnect the quad coupler and reattach to see if still stays dry. For some reason, I'm hesitant to do that...

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #16  
I was using the FEL pretty hard. I moved a dry mound of 2-3 yards of clay rock and soil and then leveling the area afterwards. Happy to say, it didn't leak at all.

The only further test would be to disconnect the quad coupler and reattach to see if still stays dry. For some reason, I'm hesitant to do that...

Have same exact problem. Started just as some drops here and there. Very recently turned into a complete run. Will talk to my dealer about what you mention here. Picture attached. It's one of the 4 qds pouring out even when it appears seated.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #17  
Have same exact problem. Started just as some drops here and there. Very recently turned into a complete run. Will talk to my dealer about what you mention here. Picture attached. It's one of the 4 qds pouring out even when it appears seated.
Worse when connected and motor running. Lost 2 gallons of oil. 20200516_153214.jpeg

Worse when connected and motor running. Lost 2 gallons of oil.View attachment 656317

Wow, that's a lot of fluid. Also quite a few $$ to replace just the fluid alone. Is the leak coming from the gap between the upper and lower quad coupler assemblies?

After a year of use, mine still seeps fluid. I think the dealer tests the repair just by cycling the FEL through it's motions. That does little to stress the FEL mechanically. You have to be digging, lifting, stressing the FEL arms horizontally.

Hope you can get yours fixed soon!

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #19  
I think the dealer tests the repair just by cycling the FEL through it's motions. That does little to stress the FEL mechanically. You have to be digging, lifting, stressing the FEL arms horizontally.

Holding each function at both full extension and full retraction forces each connection of the manifold to bear the full relief pressure of the hydraulic system. That is as valid a test method as is required for leak testing.

Holding each function at both full extension and full retraction forces each connection of the manifold to bear the full relief pressure of the hydraulic system. That is as valid a test method as is required for leak testing.

For pressure I agree. But not for physical stress to the FEL arms and tractor chassis is where you are putting stress on the quad coupler and it's retention mechanism. It may be small movement but somewhere in one of the Kubota tractor forums there is a video of that assembly moving as the FEL moves. That's what I wonder is happening to create the leak. Mine was dry after the repairs and the retention mechanism has never been released since I got it back, yet it still seeps fluid. Maybe it's the repeated movement of the FEL over time and changing pressure on the retention mechanism. I just don't know.