BX24 problem

/ BX24 problem #11  
Don't bother with the FEL in the air. Either take it off (it only takes 5 mins) or lift it up and lock with lever to prevent accidental bump of joystick.

There was a TBN'er who had a fuel line pinched slightly from a zip tie.
Change the filters first and check the line. Be sure the fuel comes out freely from the bottom when replacing the filter.

I am pretty sure it's something simple. Those BX24's runs like a beast like mine.

/ BX24 problem #12  
I just realized something- maybe its the seat.
There was a older style seat that would make a lightweight user slide forward enough and let saftey switch kick in. Some of the BX24's have them. I have the newer style.

/ BX24 problem #13  
For doing this will I have to remove the FEL and grill guard to get the side panels off? And if I remove the FEL (likely) will I have to remove the backhoe to keep the front tires on the ground or will it handle it fine?

Since the tractor is pretty new, the owner probably has the operator's manual. I suggest you borrow that manual and see what the filter replacement entails. Seems like most responses here have been educated guesses.
As far as removing the FEL for access....maybe a jack stand or two, or make sure the backhoe bucket and stabilizors are down.

BTW, while you're replacing the fuel filter, check the water separator (if it has one) too.

/ BX24 problem #14  
roy - I have a bx24- no need for jack stands. takes 5 mins to remove. for the first filter just go underneath the tractor and will be right there. nothing to remove, nothing to take off. The owner manual may still be on the tractor. flip up the seat and look on the gas tank. its in the black bag. I wouldnt bother with the manual- not needed.
Now I just remembered that messicks has a nice clear instructions for filter.
take a look here
Kubota : BX-Series

/ BX24 problem #15  
Don't bother with the FEL in the air. Either take it off (it only takes 5 mins) or lift it up and lock with lever to prevent accidental bump of joystick.
Radioman i am not one of the safety police but i implore you not to do this, somebody accidently moving the joystick is the least of your worries ( i think you are going to know if there is someone in the vicinity when you are working under the loader), it is more about the sudden and catastrophic failure of any part of the hyd system that can catch you unawares. If you must work under the loader then make sure it is propped by a secure means ( i normally use a piece of 40x40x5 mm angle iron from the top of the lift cyl to the frame ). My mate thought he could move quicker than the loader can fall if it was to happen he was just lucky he was skinny enough to fit between frame and engine however it is still gonna take time for the broken shoulder,arm and ribs to heal not to mention the 40 + stitches he has in his back where he had some lovely gouge marks. If it had been me then i would prob not be here today

Jon

/ BX24 problem
Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup: I will more than likely remove the FEL for better access to the engine. For the fuel filters, they are directly under the tractor? If there is a pinched line, it should be an easy fix, even an old filter, I just want to help out my neighbor. :thumbsup: With the filter, any estimate on the cost on one? I can call my local Kubota dealer too but I will have to wait until Monday. Thank you all for all the help and support! :thumbsup:

/ BX24 problem #17  
I had a problem with my BX24 last year, that sounds very, very similar to your problem. Turned out it was a linkage problem with the HST pedal. The unit was purchased new in 2008.

I took it back to the dealer since it was under warranty. The shop manager advised me a couple hours after dropping it off, that it was a linkage connector or something, that had gotten loose or fallen off, though I can't recall which.

Anyway, they fixed it and it worked without any further issues until I traded it in February this year.

Before you start going into the guts of the machine, look underneath it and check the pedal linkage.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ BX24 problem
I had a problem with my BX24 last year, that sounds very, very similar to your problem. Turned out it was a linkage problem with the HST pedal. The unit was purchased new in 2008.

I took it back to the dealer since it was under warranty. The shop manager advised me a couple hours after dropping it off, that it was a linkage connector or something, that had gotten loose or fallen off, though I can't recall which.

Anyway, they fixed it and it worked without any further issues until I traded it in February this year.

Before you start going into the guts of the machine, look underneath it and check the pedal linkage.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks, i will have to check that out. Do you have an idea what they had to do to fix it? It does it moving or not, even using the hydraulics on the FEL or the Hoe.

/ BX24 problem #19  
I believe it was the linkage right under the pedal, a clip or retaining nut, or a clip with a retaining nut came loose and caused boggy performance...not always, then got progressively worse. Got to a point I'd pray and it'd go for a bit, then not move, then go again.

Apparently the linkage, as it moved, would grip, then let go, not grip, not grip and grip and act like there was nothing wrong.

FEL worked fine, no issues there, but the boggy performance you described put me right back into the seat like it was yesterday.

/ BX24 problem #20  
as for the fel in the air- thats why i suggested to take it off. It is NOT necessary to take FEL off- but for a first time working on BX its sure is nice and feels comfortable. Like I said before less then 5 mins to removed, I am not sure why we are still discussing about the FEL removal or not. It gives you the elbow room. I just about never leave fel in air when working on the engine.

Now there are 2 fuel filters. one is on right side of tractor. you can see it with hood open but you will quickly see that you might want to remove the bonnet since its plastic and it give you all the room needed to work on it. The other filter is right underneath tractor. Please review the link from messick I gave you, it explains all this. Its not all that hard.

I think you guys are over thinking it as the BX is really easy to work on for the simple parts. Its just the first time doing it feels and looks imitating. (I know the first time it felt awkward, but then same goes for first time with everything.:eek:)