BX24

/ BX24 #1  

bruiserx2

Silver Member
Tractor
BX24 and JD X320
I have been bouncing around in the JD section for about a month now. I started a thread called "thinking of upgrading to 2305 Well I had made my decision to buy and started discussions with the dealer. I was planning on staying with JD since I would be trading in my 2007 X320 lawn tractor and figured I would get the best deal that way. The JD dealer whom I had originally bought the x320 from turned me off with his this is the price attitude so I started looking around. I called a local Kubota dealer and he gave me a price of $15,500 for a BX24 TLB and for another $2,300 I could get a MMM. That is almost $3,000 less than the JD2305. I believe this is a good deal. Any thoughts out there? The dealer seems excellent.

As I said I am ready to pull the trigger and already did the credit application and will be meeting the dealer Monday morning.

I have been reading as much as I can about th BX24. Anything I should specifcally be asking the dealer.

/ BX24 #2  
15,500 sounds good for the tlb but I think the mmm is a little pricey. Maybe someone else will chime in on that.:D How much are they giving you for your JD?

/ BX24
JD is willing to give me $3,000. Kubota has offered to sell it for me and I get what it brings. It is a 2007 with 31hrs on it. I paid $4,000

/ BX24 #4  
15.5 for bx24 is a good price. however, what size mmm ? perhaps they lowered the bx24 price a little and jacked the MMM price to even out the profit for them ? have you checked prices for a bx25 ? the tranny is supposed to be smoother then 24. never mind about the other features difference between 24/25 . they might be trying to get rid of all the 24's so prices are good right now.

/ BX24 #5  
Did your dealer give you a price for a BX25? Before you buy make sure you drive the 24 in both high and low range! The 25 has fixed a few of the issues that the 24 has. Good Luck!

/ BX24 #7  
The MMM price is way high. I live in Canada and paid just over $2000.00 for a 54" MMM for my BX25 in the Fall. I think I was quoted $2300.00 for the 60" MMM but that is up here in Canada. My price for the BX25 was $18,200 so you can see the difference in the CDN vs US pricing.

Cheers,

/ BX24 #8  
....and for another $2,300 I could get a MMM.

That does seem high. On the Build my Kubota website, the 54" mower is $1770 and the 60" is $1990, list price - and that's including the most recent price increase. Now I don't know what freight and the dealer installation price are, but it still seems high to me.

/ BX24
The MMM is a 54. So maybe that is why the TLB is lower.

/ BX24
So it sounds like a good deal I will meet with the dealer on Monday. What should I be asking/looking for?