Dirt Moving bx25 box blades?

/ bx25 box blades? #1  

digger Bob

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Hey all! Nube on this site, and I have already learned a ton of stuff!
I do have a question though...I want to buy a box blade for my BX
and I think so far I like that united looks good. It can go forward or reverse, do they all have that feature? What are some others like that?
Thanx in advance, and keep smilin'!

/ bx25 box blades? #2  
Personally from what I have read you should get one that has a curved blade front and rear. Replaceable blades are pretty important if you use it a lot. I'm sure there are some other users that have more than they can offer.

/ bx25 box blades? #3  
I went with the Landpride BB0548 box blade, which is designed for the BX series. I have used it a lot, and I am totally please with it.

bx01.jpg

/ bx25 box blades? #5  
Deano said:
And it is ORANGE!!

And, its $799 at my local Kubota dealer...:eek:

Any Cat1 48" will work.

I'm looking at a Priefert from the local Sutherlands, King Kutter is at the local farm place.
You should check your local fellas first and see what is available.

NorthernTool has some like this fella for $430 plus shipping.

/ bx25 box blades? #6  
To fill a full cat 1 hitch box blade could be far more then a bx will pull at 48" width.

Look for the sub-compact style which won't save you a penny but will save you frustration.

/ bx25 box blades? #7  
I've used a KK for BXs. They have it designated as an XB model. I've used it for years and my nephew down the street has it now but I know where to get it back. Doubt he and I together could ever wear it out or need replacement blades or even teeth for it for our personal landscaping use. If your going to live to be 100 and your heirs also live to be 100 or your going to use it daily for all the neighbors or commercially then maybe pay the extra. Check Craigslist and you may find a used one and save a few hundred.
I do believe in getting good implements if your going to actually use them but the most expensive BB may be overkill but don't get one you can pick up yourself and put in your pickup bed. If it don't take at least 2 strong men to pick it up, pass on by it.

/ bx25 box blades?
I gotta say Thanks alot folks!
As usual people on this site are most helpful.
Now off to shop for one.:D

/ bx25 box blades? #9  
Tractor Suppy has a 4ft and they are orange and about $550. Its what I got and it works great on the BX22.

/ bx25 box blades? #10  
You need weight!!

I got the Woods Heritage BSE4. Its too light. It skips across the hard packed ground regardless of angle of attack. Even the rippers skip.

Im going to add a 100-200 hundred pounds of steel to the rear edge i think. I'm going to bolt the weight on so I can remove it if its too heavy.

My advice is buy the heaviest 4' BB you can find, and look for curved cutting edges too.