Ballast BX25 Capabilities

/ BX25 Capabilities
Design of post pounder is from the fifties I think, designed around the small fords 8-9n. The just stopped making this model not long ago and I wish they hadn't. It really is a great tool for the small tractor. Picked it up for $600 CAD and it's worth a whole lot more than that to me!

/ BX25 Capabilities #22  
Glad it worked for you! I have a BX25D and the little beast is constantly surprising me!
That said, how in the world did someone (dealer/private) allow you to have an "extended" test drive...? Obviously, you did more than "test" the machine...:laughing:

/ BX25 Capabilities
Seller was family of mine. It was great machine and I would buy something like it, but for the price tag I could've bought something a little older and a lot bigger

/ BX25 Capabilities #24  
Congrats on the purchase. I've ran equipment my whole life from 100k lb excavators down to my little BX25. I got to say this thing amazes me. It punches well above its weight. And as far as digging stumps out well those who say you must be doing it wrong. I live in some extremely rocky clay soil and I've dug plenty. Took me an hour to dig this one. Good luck with it. stump.jpg

/ BX25 Capabilities #25  
Seller was family of mine. It was great machine and I would buy something like it, but for the price tag I could've bought something a little older and a lot bigger

Ahhh...I was thinking family or friend...GOOD friend, for that matter!

/ BX25 Capabilities #26  
Congrats on the purchase. I've ran equipment my whole life from 100k lb excavators down to my little BX25. I got to say this thing amazes me. It punches well above its weight. And as far as digging stumps out well those who say you must be doing it wrong. I live in some extremely rocky clay soil and I've dug plenty. Took me an hour to dig this one. Good luck with it. View attachment 430219
Could not agree with you more!

Attachments

• IMG_4187 (1).jpg
    IMG_4187 (1).jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 137
   / BX25 Capabilities #27  
Post pounder is a Danuser MD-6. It uses pto to turn a rubber wheel. Use a lever to push wheel against the weight to lift it up. Lever uses brake pads to hold it up and release both pads and wheel to let it drop. Comes down with gravity alone so hitting power doesn't change with size of tractor. Ground is all clay soft to medium spring conditions

great info, solid answer, thanks for the details