BX2670 Seat bypass

/ BX2670 Seat bypass #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I have a question, I want to bypass my seat safety switch. The problem is the switch appears to be in the seat, the wires go right into the seat and I can not zip tie the button down and I do not want to cut the wires. There is a connector just below the switch but I do not really see a way to bypass it without leaving it disconnected with a homemade jumper and the rain and snow having a chance of ruining it, long term. Anyone have a BX2670 that bypassed theirs, ideas?

/ BX2670 Seat bypass #2  
There are several threads you can search here on TBN that may help. Several discuss how to fix an overly sensitive switch if you want to go that route.
If you want it permanently disabled and weather proof, just cut it out of the circuit and solder the wires together.

/ BX2670 Seat bypass #3  
I think it's just bolted into seat bottom. I think on my BX1870 I had to take seat off to access it. I can't remember if I used zip ties to hold switch button in or if I fabbed up a thin piece of metal and attached it over button. It's been 5 years since I did it, can't remember which way.... whatever you do, know the risks and don't let other people operate your tractor unless you reconnect safety switches...

Last edited:
   / BX2670 Seat bypass #5  
Might have to unbolt the seat cushion from the pan. Remove the switch and pass it through the hole in the pan. Reconnect it to the wiring harness and then hold the plunger down with some electrical tape, zip tie, etc. You can reinstall the OEM switch when you sell the tractor. Did this on my moms ZTR.

/ BX2670 Seat bypass #6  
Just did this to my BX2380 last week. I made jumper from a short wire and 2 female spade connectors, I just had to cut 1/2 the connector end off and squeeze together slightly for tight fit, as the pins on the harness on tractor are quite small. Just use some black electrical tape to wrap the ends of wire plug from seat and around jumper wire to keep moisture and debris out....