Calling 7520 Owners

/ Calling 7520 Owners #1  

SPYDERLK

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500
I thot Id start this for an airing of experiences and questions common to this model. I have a 2006 7520 4wd and at times Iv wanted to know about what others are finding. On mine it seems I am about to replace the fuel filler tube that goes from behind the seat down to the tank. It is leaking at the tank-at first only slightly noted by dust collection about a yr ago. I have clamped and re clamped the joint, but it just gets worse. I believe the rubber tube is cracked there where I cant see -- there are cracks visible where it is expanded to connect to the filler nipple at the top. ... Seems early for cracking to me - esp at bottom where light dont shine. Has anybody else had to replace theirs, or discovered another cause to its leaking?
...Thanks!
larry

/ Calling 7520 Owners #2  
See my post at 7520 broken cam gear. Too long to re-type.

Don

/ Calling 7520 Owners #3  
Larry, the only problems that I have had are the fittings for the power steering lines will not stay tight and there is a nut on the steering actuator that has come loose again for the 2nd time in 7+ years. (no not me :laughing:) My brake light switch sticks on, and I sometimes have to bang on the dash to get everything activated, those have been my only problems. So nothing that has made the tractor non operational .

/ Calling 7520 Owners #4  
I thot Id start this for an airing of experiences and questions common to this model. I have a 2006 7520 4wd and at times Iv wanted to know about what others are finding. On mine it seems I am about to replace the fuel filler tube that goes from behind the seat down to the tank. It is leaking at the tank-at first only slightly noted by dust collection about a yr ago. I have clamped and re clamped the joint, but it just gets worse. I believe the rubber tube is cracked there where I cant see -- there are cracks visible where it is expanded to connect to the filler nipple at the top. ... Seems early for cracking to me - esp at bottom where light dont shine. Has anybody else had to replace theirs, or discovered another cause to its leaking?
...Thanks!
larry

I think my 6520 might be leaking the same way. But it is still just a seep that I have not addressed yet.
hugs, Brandi

/ Calling 7520 Owners
Larry, the only problems that I have had are the fittings for the power steering lines will not stay tight and there is a nut on the steering actuator that has come loose again for the 2nd time in 7+ years. (no not me :laughing:) My brake light switch sticks on, and I sometimes have to bang on the dash to get everything activated, those have been my only problems. So nothing that has made the tractor non operational .
Its the one that leads to the rod end of the steering cyl -- right? Mine did that several times. There is a small relative motion of the cyl that flexes the hard line out near the fitting. Try fixing the inboard end of that hard line to the fitting on the extend end of the cyl using a non rigid means. I used 3 strategicaly placed zipties [black]. ... it is firmly held but allows a small amount of compliance. No more leaks ... for long enuf that it seems a permanent solution. Hope it works for you. ... Hmm-m Actually, maybe my other fitting loosened too. Cant remember. I had to replace that line early because it got kinked by a piece of debris. I replaced it with a hose and have had no issues there.
larry

/ Calling 7520 Owners
I think my 6520 might be leaking the same way. But it is still just a seep that I have not addressed yet.
hugs, Brandi
Sounds just the way I noticed mine. ... and it may have been worse than I knew because theres not normally fuel up above the tank filer neck except when its brim full. Thats how it finally grabbed my attention leaving a big spot on the gravel. Must have leaked a pint or so. Now, paying attention, I see it leaks during and immediately after filling and also when the tank is anywhere near full. I guess inclines and slosh cause some fuel to pool at the transition and its trapped there free to leak out. Keep an eye on it. :)
larry

/ Calling 7520 Owners #7  
Its the one that leads to the rod end of the steering cyl -- right? Mine did that several times. There is a small relative motion of the cyl that flexes the hard line out near the fitting. Try fixing the inboard end of that hard line to the fitting on the extend end of the cyl using a non rigid means. I used 3 strategicaly placed zipties [black]. ... it is firmly held but allows a small amount of compliance. No more leaks ... for long enuf that it seems a permanent solution. Hope it works for you. ... Hmm-m Actually, maybe my other fitting loosened too. Cant remember. I had to replace that line early because it got kinked by a piece of debris. I replaced it with a hose and have had no issues there.
larry

My line got cracked right there in the bend. Changed the line and still need to tighten the new line fitting at the steering cylinder, just like the old line.
hugs, Brandi

/ Calling 7520 Owners #8  
Sounds just the way I noticed mine. ... and it may have been worse than I knew because theres not normally fuel up above the tank filer neck except when its brim full. Thats how it finally grabbed my attention leaving a big spot on the gravel. Must have leaked a pint or so. Now, paying attention, I see it leaks during and immediately after filling and also when the tank is anywhere near full. I guess inclines and slosh cause some fuel to pool at the transition and its trapped there free to leak out. Keep an eye on it. :)
larry
Larry,
Yes, it is more noticeable when it is full. But it only seeps with a few drops at full. More a nuisance than anything.
hugs, Brandi