Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"?

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #41  
Many times at gas stations,I've seen the wrecker driver, that came to pick up a no-start,ask the owner to crank the engine while he gives the fuel tank several "firm whacks".
It's surprising how often they start!

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #42  
Many times at gas stations,I've seen the wrecker driver, that came to pick up a no-start,ask the owner to crank the engine while he gives the fuel tank several "firm whacks".
I’ve done that a few times. It’s temporary though, and your next move should be to replace the fuel pump. Success is directly in correlation with how far you will otherwise need to walk... I’ve lost 6 fuel pumps I can think of right off the top of my head, and the farthest I’ve walked was 8 miles.

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #43  
Mama gave light whacks, daddy gave firm whacks. Mom please :giggle: .

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"?
fuel tank?
I’ve done that a few times. It’s temporary though, and your next move should be to replace the fuel pump. Success is directly in correlation with how far you will otherwise need to walk... I’ve lost 6 fuel pumps I can think of right off the top of my head, and the farthest I’ve walked was 8 miles.
Fuel pump I can understand.

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #46  
newbury-the firm wacks wakes-up the failing electric fuel pump.
Time for a new one.
Used to be nice to bolt a new mechanical pump for $20!

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #47  
When it no longer responds to whacks, it is out of whack.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #48  
This thread will give you the answer......if it doesn't, just give your computer a whack....

/ Can anyone link me to a definition of a "firm whack"? #49