Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM?

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #31  
Might be time to replace fuel hoses while you are in there. Maybe add a valve.

Bruce

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #32  
Just drain the fuel from the tank into a diesel container. Once tank is empty just put you a wood plug in the hose made out of dowl or whatever is handy. Put your pocket knife and whittle skills to use. I think at this point I would consider replacing the whole fuel line if it is brittle. It would not hurt to run the tractor with it dripping but I would not want the mess. Clean that assembly real good before you take it apart. You don’t want little dirt particles to get into the assembly.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #33  
FWIW: I always keep a couple golf tees in my toolbox for plugging fuel or vacuum lines...

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #34  
If the hose cracks and then leaks, how difficult is it to replace the line from the tank?

Right now, any fuel loss is like burning a pile of cash. Last week I put 19 gallons of diesel in my '93 GMC K2500 and paid $108!!! Never in my 73 years have I seen such prices...{{sigh}}
prob a real pain in a$$. my gc2400 looks to be a real b*tch on that yet I have to as hose hard and brittle after 12 years.
MF1250 unit uses an approx 8 gallon tank. run it until low take the loss of gallon or 2 when unplugging. the 10$ fuel cheaper than the 20+$ of fuel line and hours of labor.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM?
prob a real pain in a$$. my gc2400 looks to be a real b*tch on that yet I have to as hose hard and brittle after 12 years.
MF1250 unit uses an approx 8 gallon tank. run it until low take the loss of gallon or 2 when unplugging. the 10$ fuel cheaper than the 20+$ of fuel line and hours of labor.
I'm agreeing with you on taking a small loss. It rained yesterday (in Arizona!) so things are too muddy to get work done today. It's nice all the rest of this week and next, so will use up most of the fuel then.

Thanks for all your advise!

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM?
Thank you all for the great advise and help!
I plan on using up most of the fuel and lose what is left when I take the housing handle off. I'm going to "the big town" (60 miles away) tomorrow that has an O'Reilley's so I can get o-rings, brake cleaner to clean things up before disassembly, hose clamps, and fuel line just in case.
How do I determine the size of the fuel line before hand? I looked in the Service Manual and it doesn't say, nor does it say where the line goes to the fuel tank.

Thanks again for the help.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #37  
Would plugging it work to prevent fuel loss? B
The plastic nozzle that comes with the tubes of silicone gasket sealer are my go to. They are tapered and fit a variety of hose sizes.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #38  
would be interested to hear how it goes , please let us know.
yeah sometimes better to just lose a little fuel and start with known fresh fuel also.
got a 1532 (neighbors but I use often) at dealer right now with gelled up injectors due to bad fuel. they didn't think to run it 5 minutes every day or 2 this winter so sat since first week of November. guarantee you all the old fuel will be drained when in shop today LOL

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #39  
If the tank is above the filter, gravity should purge all the air when the valve is set to air; if it's below the filter using the air setting should purge when cranking without getting air into the injector lines downstream, path of least resistance and all that.
If you have enough storage to drain the fuel, just cut the line near the filter inlet and let it drain, you'll need to anyway to replace the hose. Take a small piece of it, along with the O rings from the selector so you get the right sizes.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #40  
Thank you all for the great advise and help!
I plan on using up most of the fuel and lose what is left when I take the housing handle off. I'm going to "the big town" (60 miles away) tomorrow that has an O'Reilley's so I can get o-rings, brake cleaner to clean things up before disassembly, hose clamps, and fuel line just in case.
How do I determine the size of the fuel line before hand? I looked in the Service Manual and it doesn't say, nor does it say where the line goes to the fuel tank.

Thanks again for the help.
I would disassemble thing first then go to town the way you and stare and compare for exact match.... Pre buying of unconfirmed sizes usually leads to parts that don't work in situation you are trying to fix....