Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh!

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
I recently bought a used 2015 49 hp tractor with only 185 hrs on it and I'm having some issues with it. I love the tractor but if I can't get it working right I'm thinking of getting something new with a total coverage warranty. So the looking starts but I can't believe the prices.

Today I was quoted on a new (0 hrs) 2017 Massey 1758 for the smoking hot deal of only $74,100 CAD plus taxes ($82,992) if I go with the (0% financing ...... what a scam) but if I pay cash I would only pay $59,100 plus tax ($66,192). So I'm thinking this is a LOT of money for a non current tractor and ask how much a 2019 would be and I'm told it would take 4 months to get one and the price would be .......... about $8,000 more. So for 0% financing the cost would be $91,952 including taxes, for a 58 hp tractor:eek: So I figured I better get 2 before the price goes up ........ ya right.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #2  
Yes, our dollar is killing us. And that is only part of the problem. Even when our money was close to equal I still don't understand how you could go into the states and buy a Ford pickup for 15 thousand cheaper than they are here.

Last fall I did a build and price on the Kubota US web site for a new B2601 with fel, mm mower, backhoe and a tiller. Price was good to me. I was all set to trade my B, then got the Canadian price from my dealer.....$47,000!!!!
No thanks. My B is paid for and does everything I need it to do.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #3  
The dollar and all of the tarrfis are killing us.

They is no way I would ever pay that much for a compact tractor.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #4  
Yowza, price seems high. A year ago I boght my 2017 Massey 1742 cab tractor for $38,400. Add a seven ft blower and taxes and it does add up quickly. Is the 1759 much bigger physically?

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #5  
I recently bought a used 2015 49 hp tractor with only 185 hrs on it and I'm having some issues with it. I love the tractor but if I can't get it working right I'm thinking of getting something new with a total coverage warranty. So the looking starts but I can't believe the prices.

Today I was quoted on a new (0 hrs) 2017 Massey 1758 for the smoking hot deal of only $74,100 CAD plus taxes ($82,992) if I go with the (0% financing ...... what a scam) but if I pay cash I would only pay $59,100 plus tax ($66,192). So I'm thinking this is a LOT of money for a non current tractor and ask how much a 2019 would be and I'm told it would take 4 months to get one and the price would be .......... about $8,000 more. So for 0% financing the cost would be $91,952 including taxes, for a 58 hp tractor:eek: So I figured I better get 2 before the price goes up ........ ya right.

Me thinks you are paying for your "free" health care.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh!
Yowza, price seems high. A year ago I boght my 2017 Massey 1742 cab tractor for $38,400. Add a seven ft blower and taxes and it does add up quickly. Is the 1759 much bigger physically?

Was that a new tractor or used? If new, I would like to know who the dealer is.

Your 1742 is about 300lbs less than my 1749 and the 1758 is about 250lbs more than the 1749.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #7  
It was a new tractor. Has 151 hrs on it now, loved every minute of it. Only fault is the battery, doesn't have enough cca when the prairie winter hits. Solved with a battery blanket. Talked to the dealer, is working on a solution.

Me thinks you are paying for your "free" health care.

I think most (if not all) of the difference is the exchange rate between the US dollar and the CAD dollar (currently at about 135%), plus our taxes could be higher (12%).

No matter how you look at it, that is way too much to pay for something I will only use for about 50 to 80 hrs per year.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #9  
Dealer is Nick's Service, Emerald Pk Sask

It was a new tractor. Has 151 hrs on it now, loved every minute of it. Only fault is the battery, doesn't have enough cca when the prairie winter hits. Solved with a battery blanket. Talked to the dealer, is working on a solution.

WOW that was a GREAT deal. Who was the dealer? I want to check out his prices.