Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh!

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #11  
We live right on the U.S./Canadian border;lots of Canadian visitors for shopping.There are U.S. truck dealers purchasing trucks in Canada and selling in the U.S. at huge profits due to the exchange.We had a Ford dealer doing this with new trucks until Ford of the U.S. got wise to him.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #12  
We live right on the U.S./Canadian border;lots of Canadian visitors for shopping.There are U.S. truck dealers purchasing trucks in Canada and selling in the U.S. at huge profits due to the exchange.We had a Ford dealer doing this with new trucks until Ford of the U.S. got wise to him.

I never heard of them doing that with new, but I know you can't even get a used Superduty or F150 from Ford dealers in my town. The dealers have waiting lists of US customers that take them as soon as they come in.
All you ever see for sale is ones that are 2014 and older.

One of the two dealers in the city close to me just got in a new white 4x4 F350 Lariat crew cab dually. $108,000.00!!

I'd hate to see what a King Ranch or Platinum is, LOL.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #13  
I never heard of them doing that with new, but I know you can't even get a used Superduty or F150 from Ford dealers in my town. The dealers have waiting lists of US customers that take them as soon as they come in.
All you ever see for sale is ones that are 2014 and older.

One of the two dealers in the city close to me just got in a new white 4x4 F350 Lariat crew cab dually. $108,000.00!!

I'd hate to see what a King Ranch or Platinum is, LOL.

Is that $108,000 PLUS HST?
Assuming a US buyer might not be required to pay HST (I do not know that to be the case) the $108,000 CAD is still $81,000 USD for the white 4x4 F350 Lariat crew cab dually.
Is that a good USD deal??

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #14  
Yes before our 13% taxes.

Even if I was a millionaire i would feel like a fool buying that. I would buy a medium duty truck first.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #15  
Yes before our 13% taxes.

Even if I was a millionaire i would feel like a fool buying that. I would buy a medium duty truck first.

Ah... but you should feel so fortunate, your brothers and sisters in Nova Scotia would pay a whopping 15% HST on that truck.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #16  
I recently bought a used 2015 49 hp tractor with only 185 hrs on it and I'm having some issues with it. I love the tractor but if I can't get it working right I'm thinking of getting something new with a total coverage warranty. So the looking starts but I can't believe the prices.

Today I was quoted on a new (0 hrs) 2017 Massey 1758 for the smoking hot deal of only $74,100 CAD plus taxes ($82,992) if I go with the (0% financing ...... what a scam) but if I pay cash I would only pay $59,100 plus tax ($66,192). So I'm thinking this is a LOT of money for a non current tractor and ask how much a 2019 would be and I'm told it would take 4 months to get one and the price would be .......... about $8,000 more. So for 0% financing the cost would be $91,952 including taxes, for a 58 hp tractor:eek: So I figured I better get 2 before the price goes up ........ ya right.

I noticed that with local MF dealers, huge difference in price between 0% and cash sale. Only brand of dealer that puts a "window sticker" on each tractor "here" so prices are transparent without asking. FYI the numbers you are quoting would buy you an M7060 cab with loader and no sales tax because over 60 PTO HP so you'd get more tractor and save $$$.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #17  
"no sales tax because over 60 PTO HP"

Is this just in your province or Ontario also? I've never heard that before.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #19  
Oh wow. Thanks. That's good to know.

/ Canadian Tractor Prices - Good Deal eh! #20  
Oh wow. Thanks. That's good to know.

Yes, more expensive to buy a 50 PTO HP tractor with tax than a 60 PTO HP without. Especially models that are identical other than the decal on the hood and fuel pump setting.

Tax rule was set up with the idea anything under 60 is a hobby toy for personal use and over 60 is likely farm use only.