cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!!

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #11  
I’ve had up to 7 3ph attachments all at the same time. Thankfully I’m down to only 4 now.
Some were really easy and others not so much.
One was a royal pita.

All were well lubed and I don’t have them sitting in the dirt getting covered in mud when not in use.

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #12  
Yep, no rhyme or reason when they will get 'stuck'. Sometimes it takes just a couple tries, other times you'll be cussing for days!

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #13  
If it is the type that uses little balls to hold the shaft in, they are sticking/stuck and are not popping out. Huge pain, I have a shaft do this and 100 or so tries it finally came off. Took the coupler apart and cleaned the balls etc and no issues since.

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!!
Just like that… IT’S OFF!!!

On the Danuser it is “pull the ring to engage/release”…

Goofy thing is: there are two moveable rings on the connector—held apart by a concealed spring…the more prominent ring (the one I was pushing) moves more easily than smaller, forward ring (the ring I should have been pulling back)… the smaller ring is harder to get hold of and doesn’t have a nice plastic coating on it…

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #15  
Well then... glad you got it to come off!

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #16  
I followed Jeff’s link and found the owners manual for the Danuser buried in one thread…

what oosik so eloquently stated is exactly what the manual says to do… I’m so embarrassed…

View attachment 750647

I haven’t been outside yet today, but I’m guessing this is gonna solve my issue…
I haven't seen this picture in over 20 years. Huge far side fan.

CT

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #17  
My high school chemistry teacher had a sign above her desk that has stuck with me. “When all else fails, read the instructions”.

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #18  
I put my Danuser F8 ... the PTO shaft is stuck on the PTO drive… the spring-loaded release collar moves forward easy enough…it feels normal…
A picture of the connection would help. Plus, perhaps you can give some information as you can recall.

First, is the PTO female portion all steel or could it be aluminum?
Were the splines on the female 6 solid pieces, or made of up many thin lines?

The primary reason for the questioning is that on one piece I have, I bought a PTO female coupling - it was made of aluminum. It was designed to attach to either a 540 or 1000 PTO. The problem I ran into is that with usage, the aluminum "fins" in the coupling started to wear, causing the same type of action that a twist-lock electrical plug uses. Only thing is, the coupling became unremovable due to the resultant locking. I was very frustrated and about to use a gear puller. My final solution was to place vice-grip on the PTO shaft and a pipe wrench on the female coupling and twisting them back into alignment - making removal easy-peasy.

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #19  
Just like that… IT’S OFF!!!

On the Danuser it is “pull the ring to engage/release”…

Goofy thing is: there are two moveable rings on the connector—held apart by a concealed spring…the more prominent ring (the one I was pushing) moves more easily than smaller, forward ring (the ring I should have been pulling back)… the smaller ring is harder to get hold of and doesn’t have a nice plastic coating on it…
S854,

Thank you!

You are not alone. I spent the better part of a week with the exact same issue.

Your post is valuable to me because I'd probably forget the two rings & push vs. pull sometime in the future. Your post may help me when that time comes.

/ cannot remove PTO SHAFT FROM TRACTOR — RESOLVED!!! #20  

The attachment on my Woods finish mower is like this, and I understand... it doesn't work like you might naturally think.