Cant find....

/ Cant find.... #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi all I am looking for 1/2'' npt stainless steel washers in 304 or 316. I just cant find them anywhere and figured the project spot was the best place to post.

I am building a homebrewing sculpture (stand, rig etc...) called the Brutus ten.
I have most of the parts but do not have the washers to hold high temp washers in place in side a brewkettle that will hold water or wort.

Galvanize out of question, so is copper and brass or bronze, just too much to worry about with off flavors and cleaning.

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Forgeblast.

/ Cant find.... #2  
This is a store local to me. They carry all sorts of stainless nuts, bolts, screws, washers,etc. Send them an E-mail or call them with your needs. I'm sure they could ship to you in PA. This is the place I buy my own supply from as well as my work supply.

Hiawatha Fasteners Catalog Info

/ Cant find.... #4  
I have an abundance of 1/2" flat washers in S/S. Would have to go check the boxes to see what alloy they are, but they were for outside long term exposure.
How many do you need? What is NPT *?National Pipe thread? or am missing something?
David from jax

/ Cant find.... #5  
Can't say I've ever heard of pipe thread dimensions applied to a washer either.

/ Cant find.... #6  
If you are wanting to go over the outside of 1/2" pipe you will need a washer with a hole .840 or larger. That is the outside dia. of 1/2 threaded pipe. I am afraid your only options would be bore out a 3/4" washer or use a 1" that would be loose on the pipe. There might be 7/8 washers or meteric washers that might be closer to the size you need. A 3/4 will be real close to going over the pipe.

Dan

/ Cant find.... #7  
7/8 bolt size ss washer will fit over 1/2 in pipe if you are going to sandwich this between your rubber washers and 2 locknuts
and do not use brass bronze copper or galv.-zinc they are toxic.

/ Cant find.... #8  
check McFeely's online - they do lots of stainles fasteners and have some washers to go with. Prices aren't always the best, but their service is pretty good.

/ Cant find....
I plan on drilling a 7/8 hold in a pot, add a ball valve on the outside with a washer and a lock nut, a full threaded piece of stainless pipe, will go through the pot, with a high temp washer, stainless steel washer and a coupler on the inside.
thank you for all the help,
its appreciated.

/ Cant find.... #10  
Are you using all stainless even the valve