Carbide chainsaw chains

/ Carbide chainsaw chains #21  
Why are you dulling chains so quickly? Cutting in the dirt? Well dont. Cut flush then cut a checkered pattern in the clean wood of the stump so it holds water. Helps them rot quicker. Willow is hardly a hard wood.

Willow is a hardwood, but it's not a hard wood. :laughing: Kinda silly, but true.

/ Carbide chainsaw chains #22  
   / Carbide chainsaw chains #23  
Yes they have hand files now but didn't when I bought mine. The carbide chains work well, if you don't grab rocks with it, it will go all day into dirty hardwood without filing. They are ten times better than an average chain, not as aggressive but continue to cut well after running dirt through it..

I haven't hit rocks with it, I try not to use a chainsaw to cut rocks..

/ Carbide chainsaw chains #24  
Oh gee, an actual user report. :thumbsup: thanks!

Yes they have hand files now but didn't when I bought mine. The carbide chains work well, if you don't grab rocks with it, it will go all day into dirty hardwood without filing. They are ten times better than an average chain, not as aggressive but continue to cut well after running dirt through it..

I haven't hit rocks with it, I try not to use a chainsaw to cut rocks..

/ Carbide chainsaw chains
Our trees are dirty with wind-blown silt and volcanic ash. Any chain that will give a longer cutting time between sharpening would be a great advantage.

/ Carbide chainsaw chains #26  
I just wish they had hand files when they first came out, I like filing by hand and the wheel cost me a lot..

From what I've read, you more or less just polish the carbide instead of really grinding. Guess, I will find out.

One more question: can I remove 1 Drive Link? I need a 3/8pitch, .50ga, 59 DL chain but the closest I can find has 60 drive links.