Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I need a good pair of long pants for outside chores.. Both Carhartt and Dickie's have 12 oz duck fabric pants... Does anyone know if they are the same quality?

The Carharts are about $35, while the Dickies are only $17 which makes me wonder...

thanks

Brian

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #2  
I've never tried those heavy duty pants, but I wear almost nothing but Dickies short sleeved coveralls anymore. Sometimes they're hard to find in the stores, so I just order directly from Dickies.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #3  
I would go with the Dickies just because of price on that one. I have both brands of different items and like both of em.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #4  
I need a good pair of long pants for outside chores.. Both Carhartt and Dickie's have 12 oz duck fabric pants... Does anyone know if they are the same quality?

The Carharts are about $35, while the Dickies are only $17 which makes me wonder...

thanks

Brian

Good Evenin Brian,
I have two Dickies work jackets, light brown with the cordury collar. Those things wear like iron !!! Im not knocking Carhart but in my opinion, for the price difference I felt that Dickies had the most value IMHO ! ;)

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #5  
I have had both brands. I have just found " Riggs workwear" by Wrangler. They have pockets all over them. They have double knees and seat. They are the heaviest ripstop fabric I have ever seen. They are cut with more room where you need it. They even have a leather insert so a tape measure won't wear your pocket. I think they are closer to the Carhart price than the Dickie but well worth it. I am going this weekend to try and get more. They are at an outlet store, so it is crap shoot trying to get many pairs my size.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #6  
I mostly like Carhartt exc when I get to the checkout....way over priced in my book. Dickies are cheap and in my experience dont wear well and are uncomfortable. TSCs brand of work pants are in between Dickies/Carhartt as to price and wear. Theyre very comfortable too.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #7  
I like Carhart a lot, but shorts from Carthart didn't last me two years, I would expect much much longer life.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #9  
I remember when Carhartt was cheap, then it became popular and the price went up. All I wear is Carhartt, have some pants 8 years old and still wearing them.

/ Carhartt vs Dickies duck clothing #10  
Your in VA Go with the Carhartt, i wear them all summer long when dealing with pickers, thorne apples etc. They are built like a tank.
I saw the riggs, but i trust the carhartt. My dad is a pipefitter, and seeing the abuse that he put the carhartt through, and how long they lasted, they impressed me.