/ Carry All project #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
Worked on a little something today.

IMG_2639.jpg

58637564995__A88B1CD5-44EA-4DED-9EE4-FCEDCF998E9C.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll actually try and do some work “with” the tractor.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
**2 Chronicles‬ *7:14‬

/ Carry All project #2  
Not too bad. I would add metal brackets to the corners instead of relying on nails or screws holding up in to the end grain of those 1x's. Or just run a 2x2 vertically inside each corner and screw the 1x's into that.

/ Carry All project #3  
I don't understand why people want to make them so heavy and prone to rot by using wood.

/ Carry All project #4  
I don't understand why people want to make them so heavy and prone to rot by using wood.

I would guess because that's all some people have?

Looks great, enjoy it.

/ Carry All project #5  
We make several things out of wood - since we get the wood for free

/ Carry All project
I used the wood because it’s what I had laying around from another project. I don’t plan on leaning on the side pieces, but it should help hold things from falling off the edge like a box or five gallon bucket. I like the metal bracket idea. I used lag screws and three inch deck screws.

Hopefully it won’t rot, I plan on taking care of it.

Last edited:
   / Carry All project #8  
A coat of paint will go a long way in avoiding rot - if you go toe HD or Lowes and ask what they have "marked down" or "mixed up and not picked up" you may be able to get some good paint real cheap.

My brother got a 5 gal bucket a couple months ago for $5 - it is baby blue, but we really didn't care ... we used it to paint the inside walls of a couple cargo trailers.

/ Carry All project
Thanks. Great idea. It won’t take much. I think I’ll just throw some Thompson’s on it. Most of it is pressure treated and the back and sides are fence boards. We always have a bunch of fence boards laying around because we are always replacing them with the horses.

/ Carry All project #10  
The toe board at the edge is really handy so you can "feel" the edge with your feet. Does your tractor have a quick attach bucket? If so, you can get a SSQA to 3pt adapter so you can use it on your FEL.

008 (2)_1.JPG