Carry On trailer wheels

/ Carry On trailer wheels #1  

MoArk Willy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
I have a 4 x 6 Carry On utility trailer. I have put a wood plank deck on it and it has served me well, so far.
It has the 4 on 4 hubs and came with the 12" wheels.
I would like to increase the wheel size to 15" but everything I see that is reasonable it based on a 5 lug, 4.5 hub.
My question is can I just change out the hubs as long as the bearing sizes are the same?
I'm not looking to increase the carrying capacity, just improve the ride and raise the height of the trailer.
Everything I have seen to fit that axle, even the 5 on 4.5 hubs specify for 12" or 13" wheels.
I am wondering if there would be a problem making the conversion?
I have found hubs with the same size bearing at Northern Tool and some other trailer parts suppliers online.
Any thoughts?

/ Carry On trailer wheels #2  
I have upgraded a trailer with 1” axle from 4 lug 8” wheels to 5 lug 12” wheels. It was a matter of just replacing the hubs and putting on the new wheels/tires. There should be plenty of 12” options for the 5 lug 4.5 hubs. If you decide to increase the size, the issue you’ll need to look out for is clearance. Make sure there is enough room between the fender and the tire to accommodate the flex in the suspension.

/ Carry On trailer wheels #3  
Hubs are like 20$ on Amazon. Get the ones with bearings and don't look back. Probably won't ever have to replace tires again either

/ Carry On trailer wheels #4  
MoArk, Please follow up on this project if you complete it. I have a trailer with those same 4 lug 12" wheels and I'd like to upgrade to a 15" wheel also. I'll be following this thread eagerly. I have zero experience working on trailer hubs but can duplicate what someone else has done if it was explained. Thanks Greg

/ Carry On trailer wheels
MoArk, Please follow up on this project if you complete it. I have a trailer with those same 4 lug 12" wheels and I'd like to upgrade to a 15" wheel also. I'll be following this thread eagerly. I have zero experience working on trailer hubs but can duplicate what someone else has done if it was explained. Thanks Greg
Gladly.
What I did was email "etrailer.com" and this is the response they gave me.

/ Carry On trailer wheels #6  
If you have 1" spindles buy this combo. If you have 1-1/16 spindles search 1-1/6 2000lb hubs set
Screenshot_20211023-184629_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-184533_Google.jpg