CASE Guys

/ CASE Guys #21  
I posted this a few days ago in the Case forum but got no responses so I am reposting here. What is the good, bad and ugly(if any) about the Farmall C series tractors. I am looking for a 50 Hp, hydro transmission and cab. My local dealer is a Case dealer so I am starting there. Other options are Massey Ferguson and Kioti/Bobcat. These dealers are a little farther away. Thanks for any input/opinions.
Hi. I have a Boomer 50, the New Holland version of the same tractor (both case and New Holland are owned by FIAT, and on tractors the only difference is paint) and it has been near perfect for me. I have close to 800 hrs in 6 years. I'm retired and always find something to do with it. Without hesitation, I would buy it again.

/ CASE Guys #23  
I grew up bleeding GREEN and loved John Deere tractors. About ~20 years ago I got on the Kubota bandwagon when I didn't need >150Hp. The dealership agreements and business model is very independent farmer unfriendly. Anytime lawyers are need to get repair information for your tractor is a bad sign!!! 🤬

Immediately before COVID, during COVID, and after COVID, Kubota pricing and availability left me with a very UNFAVORABLE opinion with their 'policies'. I get everyone had supply chain issues and prices were volatile but, my treatment while trying to buy an M5-111 was terrible. To the point I stopped considering new tractors from Kubota.

Massey (AGCO) has been a much better experience. The engineering and features for the various price points is a very compelling offer IMHO. In fact, I bought a MF 5711D tractor recently. There compact and subcompact tractors are priced similarly to Kubota but, IMHO have better engineering and more consistent features among the various models.

I was favorably impressed by the TYM series and their pricing was attractive as well when I looked at the 40hp~50hp models. With a cab, they were priced very well compared to the classic options. For weekend warriors, I see why they and the Kukje/Branson tractors are so popular!

Ultimately, you need to consider brand support as part of the purchase decision. If you can't get service or parts locally, what do you do if your tractor goes down during an important time period and you can't get a replacement part in a timely manner or, get a needed service performed?

This is largely why I WOULD NOT CONSIDER 'store brand' tractors like Summit at Atwoods! It isn't that the Summit is a particularly bad tractor but, one of where do I get service and what about parts?

I really like the Yanmar compact tractors but, the only Yanmar dealer around me is ~250 miles away!!! 😮

/ CASE Guys #25  
I recently acquired a 2011CNH Farmall 40 HST with about 1100 hours on it and have been very pleased. I've had to do a few minor repairs, as usual when getting a used tractor, but am impressed with it. Being a "Green" owner/fan for many years, this Farmall has earned our respect. I'm not familiar with the differences of A,B,C models, but having a local dealer for support is a big plus.

/ CASE Guys #26  
I posted this a few days ago in the Case forum but got no responses so I am reposting here. What is the good, bad and ugly(if any) about the Farmall C series tractors. I am looking for a 50 Hp, hydro transmission and cab. My local dealer is a Case dealer so I am starting there. Other options are Massey Ferguson and Kioti/Bobcat. These dealers are a little farther away. Thanks for any input/opinions.
There was a farmall c and a super c. If I remember right the c was a pulling tractor while the super c had the the fast hitch hydraulics. Could be wrong it’s been a long time and the old memory is fading

/ CASE Guys #27  
Had a 45C hydro with a cab and yes it is an LS and was a nice tractor but after I drove a yanmar YT347 with the IHMT tranny the power difference is like night and day. It is like a gear drive but operates like a hydro. Cab is also more user friendly and sold by the same dealer so that made the decision pretty easy.

/ CASE Guys #28  
I just wanted to pass along some info I received. I reached out to both Case and LS to find out which tractors LS makes for Case. The Case folks could not or would not tell me (they wanted me to reach out to a dealer) but the LS person says that they make larger utility tractors for them, mostly 100 hp and above.
The case 40C,45C and 55C are the same as the LS and new holland and they all use the same motor just turned up to different HP and nice tractors and much less than the Deere but for about the same money you can buy the Yanmar YT347 which is as close to having a deere as you can get but for a much better price point

/ CASE Guys #30  
What dealer did you buy from?

They are in Paris, TX and took really good care of me with my purchase. They are going to get all my future big tractor business! They were the best price in the area by a wide margin after visiting dealers up to 250 miles away.

When I replace my Kubota L4600, I am looking at the TYM cabbed tractors. If I don't go that direction, I'll get another Massey from Cunningham!

I will also note that Cunnigham is a small dealership so, you are going to get really personal service from the owner or his son during the purchase. My limited parts counter service needs and questions for the shop were all good experiences too.