CASE Guys

/ CASE Guys #31  
AGCO for the most part seems more customer oriented than Green or Orange. Was talking to a farmer in North Carolina and he told me the Deere dealers are mostly all one big regional company now. Can’t compare prices anymore. No real “competition” among dealers.

Last edited:
   / CASE Guys #32  

They are in Paris, TX and took really good care of me with my purchase. They are going to get all my future big tractor business! They were the best price in the area by a wide margin after visiting dealers up to 250 miles away.

When I replace my Kubota L4600, I am looking at the TYM cabbed tractors. If I don't go that direction, I'll get another Massey from Cunningham!

I will also note that Cunnigham is a small dealership so, you are going to get really personal service from the owner or his son during the purchase. My limited parts counter service needs and questions for the shop were all good experiences too.
They where next on my list. The closest Massey Dealer couldn't bother to show me his 4707 that he had in stock. It was covered in dust and looked abandoned. 3 different friends told me not to buy from them, so I went to the next closest dealer and they didn't have a single tractor in stock, and just a few implements. You had to order it to see it. Third in line was PR, which was an hour away. I debated on going to Cunningham because a client of mine has been buying from them for years and really liked them. But it was a farther drive, and I really liked dealing with Nick, the owner of PR Equipment. Since then, he opened another dealership in Canton that's just half an hour away from me.

/ CASE Guys #33  
The case 40C,45C and 55C are the same as the LS and new holland and they all use the same motor just turned up to different HP and nice tractors and much less than the Deere but for about the same money you can buy the Yanmar YT347 which is as close to having a deere as you can get but for a much better price point
1) the only advantage Deere has is the size of their dealer network and the perception that they are more 'American' that other brands. All else being equal I would buy the Yanmar over the Deere all day long and twice on Sunday.

2) when I was looking, the Yanmar was not priced remotely close to the LS for similar tractors. That and the fact that the only dealer within 2 hour drive had just opened its doors kept me from buying Yanmar.

3) unless the issue is strictly the dealership, you would be better off to buy the LS over the CNH twins that they make. Prices are much better and you can still get parts at the CNH dealership.

I really wanted CaseIH to make a tractor I could love. Nostalgia as a kid growing up around IH. Too many factors made that a no-go.

/ CASE Guys #34  
AGCO for the most part seems more customer oriented than Green or Orange. Was talking to a farmer in North Carolina and he told me the Deere dealers are mostly all one big regional company now. Can’t compare prices anymore. No real “competition” among dealers.
Truth. The JD conglomerate here spans most of North Texas and has upwards of 25 stores. They don't seem to want to give the time of day to anyone but big corporate or government buyers.

/ CASE Guys #35  
Exactly!

John Deere's corporate changes in the dealerships have killed off the family-run dealers.

Right now, half of Texas is essentially one John Deere dealership with its tenacles into Oklahoma as well. Not sure about Louisianna.

Not nearly as bad as Kubota but, Kubota dealerships are merging as well, just not as aggressively as John Deere.

Massey for me these days. I don't require a single family run dealership but, I also don't want to be using a dealership where I am just a number on an Accountant's Ledger!!!

/ CASE Guys #36  
It’s too bad Challenger tractors were discontinued. I had a little Challenger about 10 years ago and man that little bugger was sweet. The big ones are even better. They’re just Masseys painted yellow with CAT/Perkins or Mitsubishi diesels in them.
TBN members would have loved them compared to what’s out there now.

/ CASE Guys #37  
They where next on my list. The closest Massey Dealer couldn't bother to show me his 4707 that he had in stock. It was covered in dust and looked abandoned. 3 different friends told me not to buy from them,

Sounds like "3 Rivers" or something similar. Terrible experience when I stopped in

There was another one that looked like a shade tree lawn mower repair place too! Where they got the Massey signage and all those tiny Massey's is a mystery. I called Massey corporate on that operation!!!

so I went to the next closest dealer and they didn't have a single tractor in stock, and just a few implements. You had to order it to see it.

Probably the same one I called Massey on! I called Massey/Agco for a dealer recommendation and that is where they sent me too! Apparently, the phone group doesn't have a clue about the dealership's annual turnover and is clueless about current inventory!

Third in line was PR, which was an hour away. I debated on going to Cunningham because a client of mine has been buying from them for years and really liked them. But it was a farther drive, and I really liked dealing with Nick, the owner of PR Equipment. Since then, he opened another dealership in Canton that's just half an hour away from me.

I'm not sure if it was PR Equipment or not, but I went to a Massey dealer outside of Athens going SouthWest. The sales guy was really good but, the dealership seemed a bit 'fly by night' with really low inventory and the only big tractor was a customer model in the shop broken apart for some warranty work. In fairness though, they seemed to be affected by COVID supply chain issues, not poor management practices.

I have no issue or reservation recommending Cunningham! Not the biggest dealership with the largest stock but, they had the tractor I wanted in stock but, it sold a few hours before I committed. They found me a nearly identical tractor for a little less money and made me SUPER HAPPY with my purchase.

/ CASE Guys #38  
It’s too bad Challenger tractors were discontinued. I had a little Challenger about 10 years ago and man that little bugger was sweet. The big ones are even better. They’re just Masseys painted yellow with CAT/Perkins or Mitsubishi diesels in them.
TBN members would have loved them compared to what’s out there now.

Absolutely! Still wish I could have gotten one today. Missed out when I was a Kubota guy. 😔

/ CASE Guys #39  

I'm not sure if it was PR Equipment or not, but I went to a Massey dealer outside of Athens going SouthWest. The sales guy was really good but, the dealership seemed a bit 'fly by night' with really low inventory and the only big tractor was a customer model in the shop broken apart for some warranty work. In fairness though, they seemed to be affected by COVID supply chain issues, not poor management practices.

The location sounds like PR Equipment in Kerens TX, on Highway 31. You must of been there before Nick built the new showroom and repair shop. It's all brand new, very modern, and well staffed. They also have a service truck that goes to you, and the their repair shop has a massive amount if inventory. I was very impressed. I've been to the shops for New Holland, Case, Cat and Kubota in the Tyler area, and this is on par or bigger then those dealerships.

The thing that impressed me about Nick is his drive to build the best dealership out there. He has won awards from Massey every year, for the last 3 years for being the best in the region. He just turned 40 last week, and he just added Yanmar Construction equipment to his lineup. The yard in Kerens is packed with tractors and implements. The newer dealership in Canton is just off of 20, next to Dukes, and from I've seen as I drive by, there is more inventory there every time. I haven't stopped by there yet, but plan too when I have the time. It's on the way to my other farm in Mabank, but I seem to be in too much of a rush when I go there to stop at the Dealership. I want a second filter for my AC. I'm blowing it out and knocking the dust out when I use it, which seems to work fine, but I think I could do a better job if I had two filters.

The one thing that I wish they had was an online way to order parts like Messicks does.

Since I haven't had any issues yet, I don't know what will happen if I do. He has been very responsive to people on the FB page, so that's encouraging.

/ CASE Guys #40  
Truth. The JD conglomerate here spans most of North Texas and has upwards of 25 stores. They don't seem to want to give the time of day to anyone but big corporate or government buyers.
Fortunately, my JD dealer, United Ag & Turf is only a mile down the road and they treat me very well. Most folks I know that trade with them seem pleased with the service they get as well.