Cast iron wheels for M7040

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #31  
Hi all,

The operator manual ( p.49) for the 7040 says the CI disk is 158 kg X 2 or 700 lbs (for 2) -- 350 lbs /disk. The rear wheel weights are 320 lbs for 2. So If I'm figuring right, you can add 1020 pounds with both the CI centers and wheel weights. You can add about 700 lbs/tire with fluid in a 16.9 X 28 tire ... so bottom line is:

CI disks 700
wheel weights 320
fluid 1400
Total 2420

I like the CI wheels... and have them, but the difference in weight is easily compensated with the fluid. That fluid might go up a smidge with Beet juice instead of Calcium. I chose it because the calcium is so corrosive...course if you never get a leak it is not a problem I guess... but i always search out a thorn tree...or it seaches me out.

Don

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040
talked to the dealer again today and he is willing to install my tires on the new rims and Cast iron centers for 1400 dollars incuding labor and transportation. He has to conform that he can reuse the fluid in the tires and will get back to me on Monday. Seems resonable??

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #33  
GLOWPLUG: the weight in your rear tires is more than the total weight of my tractor:D , thanks for the pictures and a BIG THANX for the small jpeg's makes it much easier on us slow dial up guys:)

Just got the commitment from the dealer to give me cast iron wheels from one of the yet to be delivered tractors with CI wheels. He says it will happen in the next two weeks or so. So FEL work will be good now with another 1300 lbs or so on the rear wheels. Also is getting a Bradco Three point to quick attach soon to be delivered that will allow me to use the pallet forks on the rear. Already have a weight box ready with 2000 lbs of rock sand to go on that.
Think with that it should off load the front of the tractor a bit when using the FEL with full bucket plus give good traction. Have a lot of dirt projects on the drawing board that needs completion

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #35  
You just have too many tractor toys m7040!! You make me so jealous. What type of weight box did you end up getting?

built a box out of 2 inch lumber that goes on the pallet forks. It is 5 ft wide by 3 ft and 2 ft high. Also put a triangle on the rear for safety and a couple of Kubota decals on the sides. It is painted Kubota Grey. I can fill it more or less to suit or increase the height by adding another side board for more weight if needed. At 12,000 lbs it must be good enough

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #37  
m7040 said:
built a box out of 2 inch lumber that goes on the pallet forks. It is 5 ft wide by 3 ft and 2 ft high. Also put a triangle on the rear for safety and a couple of Kubota decals on the sides. It is painted Kubota Grey. I can fill it more or less to suit or increase the height by adding another side board for more weight if needed. At 12,000 lbs it must be good enough

6 TONS!! I hope you're talking about the weight of the whole tractor and not just the ballast box. Of course you may have put an extra zero in there. How about a picture?:)

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #38  
what about the radial tires? when i bought my m 9000 last march radial tires were an option. are radials standard now on the new m's.

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #39  
Kubota factory cast center wheels are only available for R1 tires. I have R4's and the dealer told me Kubota does not make the cast centers for R4's. What a (pain). I need the weight!

You will have to use a ballast box for weight then