Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy

/ Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
I can run 2 and 1, tractor came with a couple cat 1 drawbars (like TSC sells)
What tounge type weight, pull weights is typical limits of them? Basically shearing off ends.

Plan on making 2" rec hitch this weekend, for under 6000 lbs vehicle's etc, should be fine

Other project is a 850/1000 pound ballast weight 3 pt setup...
Should i step up to the bigger cat 2 drawbar?

Plan is concrete barrel

Tia

/ Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy #2  
I can't answer your specific question, however this diagram may help in your calculations:

Attachments

• 3point hitch standard dimensions.jpg
    3point hitch standard dimensions.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 127
   / Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy
Thanks for the picture, I was curious if stepping up to a class 2 draw bar would be significantly stronger for a ballast wt box over a class 1, with a 1/4" dia difference in OD?

Most charts have about 21k for generic pin shear for 7/8 dia and 31k for 1-1/8 dia

/ Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy #4  
Most of the ballast box threads that are on here used cat 1, with no reported breakage. :thumbsup:

/ Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy #5  
Most of the ballast box threads that are on here used cat 1, with no reported breakage. :thumbsup:

FWIW I broke the pins off of mine with 1700lbs of concrete. Granted I was using bushings to get to a cat 2.

/ Cat 1 v/s 2 for diy
Thanks guys! I feel better now and actually have most of my pcs cut, drilled for some fabbing this weekend!