Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems

/ Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems #1  

MTMopar

Tractor
2006 Cat Challenger MT265B
Good Morning All,

New to forum, first post. I have a 2006 Cat Challenger MT265B with the powershuttle transmission. Tractor currently sitting at around 750hrs. Yesterday while driving thru the field it suddenly stopped on me. Got it started again and it seems something has bound up in the transmission. I have 3 case speeds - rabbit, turtle, and snail. With 4 gears in the transmission. The only gear that is still working is 1st. I can shift thru the other gears while in hydraulic neutral with the Fwd-N-Rev lever, although it does feel a bit different than normal. Maybe something in the shifting forks came off and stuck in the gears? I revved it up and put in reverse 2nd, and it moved very slightly but had a bad whine sound so I stopped immediately. As I mentioned, 1st gear is the only one that will work at all. Any case speed. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, past experiences with these transmissions?

Thanks in Advance

/ Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems #2  
It sounds like it's locked in first gear.
Something has likely broken in the shift linkage or it has just jumped out of the rail for 1st.
When ever you pick another gear it is locking it's self down.

/ Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems
It sounds like it's locked in first gear.
Something has likely broken in the shift linkage or it has just jumped out of the rail for 1st.
When ever you pick another gear it is locking it's self down.
Thanks LouNY. The thing that confuses me is I was in turtle 4th when it died. And I would think if gears are bound i would lose all, not just 2nd, 3rd, 4th...but i dont know the internals of this trans. Hoping I can pull the shift lever out and see something...and that it doesnt turn out to be too extensive or expensive

/ Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems #4  
On many tractors when they get some wear they can jump out of the shift rails,
then it will not shift out of that gear and when you engage another gear it's in two at once.
Then it binds itself up and if forced something will break.
Often it's not the gear you were in but one that got pushed into mesh with the back of the rail.

/ Cat Challenger Power Shuttle Transmission Problems
On many tractors when they get some wear they can jump out of the shift rails,
then it will not shift out of that gear and when you engage another gear it's in two at once.
Then it binds itself up and if forced something will break.
Often it's not the gear you were in but one that got pushed into mesh with the back of the rail.
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. Hoping to tear into it a bit this weekend. Appreciate the responses!