Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor
I don't think the tractor is big enough for a Brown, though that looks like a great machine. I don't have a front end loader on the tractor...I'll check out those 3 point tree pullers. Does anyone have any experience using this on heavy brush/small trees?

I couldn't find any 3 point mounted tree pullers in my size range that looked at all capable. Do you guys have any suggestions?

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor #13  
Have you looked at one of these yet?

If I recall correctly it ended up being the implement used in the project in this thread:

...which may be something of a similar task to what you're looking to do?

Otherwise a SSQA-mounted puller combined with a 3pt to SSQA adapter (like this one by ATI: Change your 3 point hitch to universal quick attach) may be another option..

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor #14  
I couldn't find any 3 point mounted tree pullers in my size range that looked at all capable. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Galen Koeckeritz makes them to fit either end, or in your case the rear end:
lj 600 treerippercom..jpg
yt video Galen Koeckeritz.PNG

Website: Custom built Skid Steer attachments to fit almost any need you may have.<br />

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor #15  
This may not apply on a 245, but some MF that size had interchangeable ball ends, you just pull a pin and swap them out. Have a 240 built that way, top link switches end for end to be Cat i or Cat II balls.

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor #16  
Here is what I hear so far:
- Want to clear brush (coyote brush)
- Tractor is a 45HP Massey Ferguson weight around 4K WITH NO LOADER
- Original desire to buy Baumalight CP560 ($5K) ; tractor is at the low end of the HP range for this cutter.

Is there any option to buy a loader for that machine and go the toothbar, grapple or treepuller route?

How often do you need to keep things cleared out? Is it feasible to rent a skid steer with a forestry mulcher rather than buy a 5K implement that semi doesn't match up well with the tractor?

/ Category 2 implement on a category 1 tractor #17  
I was in the same spot where I had a tractor (Kubota 22hp with no loader) and by the time it would take to find a loader the thing still wouldn't be in the power and capability range I needed. Any implements I bought for that size wouldn't carry over into the size I actually needed so I would end up either with undersized stuff, buying stuff too big and running under powered, or trying to sell mine to buy larger and wasting money. I ended up going for the tractor that made the most sense and then could save for what I needed to use it for. The other tractor was free so this was a tough call.

That mulcher does look sweet if you got the HP to run it and could hook it up (which should be doable in some fashion)

I appreciate all the helpful responses. Looks like I'm going to have to chew on this problem for a little while longer...I'll check back in when I decide which way to go