Cell phone holders in Vehicles ??

Maxify55

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037HC / Mitsubishi MT372
I bought three of these for the various places I would need them, to hold my phone at face height for ID.
I hate having to pick it up to authorize use but security is security.

I put one in my ranger attached to the ROPS. So I could charge it while working around the place.
Ditto, in the tractor. I attach it to the cab door closer bars and
another at my desk.....all vertically mounted.

They don't budge.

81DgSQZOzeL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZR6V6Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Cl-kCb35YKKB3

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
Just to point out the obvious. Turn the damned thing OFF and put it in your pocket. You ain't supposed to use it while driving anyhow.
Sure you are, mines a gps also.

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Just to point out the obvious. Turn the damned thing OFF and put it in your pocket. You ain't supposed to use it while driving anyhow.

As mentioned, a lot of people use them for GPS, not talking or texting while driving. We still have the old-fashioned Garmin stand-alone GPS sitting on the dash. Both of our kids just use their phones for GPS. The phone screens are bigger than the old screen on the GPS, and they get live traffic updates that the old GPS does not get. All-in-all, the cell phone is a much better solution to navigation than either a built in factory unit or a stand-alone GPS unit. If our Garmin GPS ever dies, I'll not replace it and just use my phone.

downsizingnow48

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
Only thing I use the phone for while driving is the GPS or map function. This "clamp on a bean bag" keeps the phone right in my line of sight so I do not have to look down or sideways to follow the map. Had it for years.

Attachments

• holder.jpg
    holder.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63

OP
coobie

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
As mentioned, a lot of people use them for GPS, not talking or texting while driving. We still have the old-fashioned Garmin stand-alone GPS sitting on the dash. Both of our kids just use their phones for GPS. The phone screens are bigger than the old screen on the GPS, and they get live traffic updates that the old GPS does not get. All-in-all, the cell phone is a much better solution to navigation than either a built in factory unit or a stand-alone GPS unit. If our Garmin GPS ever dies, I'll not replace it and just use my phone.
DITTO moss,I still use my Garmin stand alone for getting around.Old fart thing I guess..

frogracer

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH T4.120 - ArmstrongAg Grapple, Pallet Fork
I really like my Steelie by Nite Ize. Small 3/4” steel ball on the dash and small magnet on phone. Holds the phone in any direction you like and very unobtrusive.

IMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1393.jpg

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
DITTO moss,I still use my Garmin stand alone for getting around.Old fart thing I guess..

Funny thing about the GPS.... I don't usually need it. When I take trips, I look at maps and plan the route in my head. Then I go. What I like the GPS for is it tells you fun stuff, like how many miles till you get there. How much time left at your current driving rate. What time you'll get ther. Elevation changes in real time, etc.... I use it even going to places I've been a hundred times before! :laughing:

What's also fun is to program in a route, then deviate from the route and watch it complain. :laughing:

Or don't updated it and drive on new highways. I switch the vehicle icon to a red monster truck and drive through the farm fields. :laughing:

The little voice says "Please return to X road" "Please return to X road" :laughing:

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.

Curious how you use the GPS function on your smart phone without driving at the same time?