Cell Phone Opinions Please!

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #11  
My wife has had a Trac-phone for years and we have been very satisfied with it.
We get the $100 per year pre paid card. It comes with 400 minutes. She is signed up for double minutes, so it gives her 800 minutes, which is more than enough minutes per year for us. (Any extra minutes roll over to the following years card).

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #12  
I recently purchased a Samsung S366 and went Prepaid. Buy $100 time and it lasts for 1 year or until used which ever happens first.

The phone does have a camera and some other features I don't use, however, the thing I really like - it's a flip phone that is quite thin, has a metal case & therefore doesn't need a cover. Fits easily into pocket - signal and sound are good.

Compared to contract I'm probably saving 50% - 60%.

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #13  
If you want to keep your AT&T account. But not a new 2 year contract. Buy a new phone off EBAY. Move the Sims Card from your old phone to the new phone. No change of contract.
I bought my mother a new phone off EBAY. I got it for less than this link. I posted this one as an example. Even though action says used, it was brand new.

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please!
Is anyone familiar with Net10? A part of Trac Phone, I think. ~~ grnspot110

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #15  
I have had the same Tracfone for 4 years and have been paying $99 a year for 800 minutes and getting 200 bonus minutes. This is more minutes than I use in a year. Cheap and no problems for 4 years UNTIL......

Last week I added another 1000 minutes and double minutes and 2 days later it went to Roam when I am in my neighborhood. When it is on Roam I have to also dial the area code to make a call which is very annoying. If I drive 1/2 mile from my home it goes off of Roam and I can dial the 7 digit number. I think the cell tower by my home has a problem. My phone uses the Verizon network.

I spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday with their customer service in Columbia and they are hard to understand with their accent and have trouble understanding me. They tried changing my phone number to see if it would help. NOPE. Then when I asked for my old number back they said it was no longer available. Now I have to give everyone my new number.

They told me that everyone is advised to dial the area code first regardless of who or where they are calling from and there is nothing wrong with my phone or their system.. HUH? But why did it just start roaming a few days ago? They said it doesn't matter because it isn't charging me for roaming and don't be so lazy, just dial the 10 digit number instead of the 7 digit one.

Emails to American HQ don't help. I think they just go to Columbia too. BAD customer service. :mad:

After I use up my time I may be looking for a new phone too.

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #16  
I switched to Consumer Cellular

I chose the $10 phone (cuz I can see the incoming call thru the cover) and the 250 minutes for $20 a month plan.

They offer a free phone too.

no contract

No auto payment

So far a loud and clear signal

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please!
I ended up going with AT&T again ($20/mo, plus tax). The first AT&T Store I stopped at wanted to sell me a $40/mo plan, so I went elsewhere. Basically got the same plan I had before, just lowered to 150 min/mo instead of the 200 I had (only use 20 or so normally). Had to go with another 2 yr. contract to get a new phone, which I needed as the old one didn't always turn on right. Ended up having to stop at another AT&T Store to have the voice mail set up, should have already been working , but wasn't!

Good old AT&T!!! :mad:

Guess that's what I get for living out in the sticks! :) ~~ grnspot110

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #18  
Dear old AT&T is at it again! Got a letter a few days ago that my cell phone will not work after Feb. 28, 2011 if I don't update. I stopped by an AT&T store yesterday to see about it, looks like they want my bill to increase from $25 to at least $39+. So I'm looking for options!

Rural Midwest location.
I only make & receive calls (no texting).
Don't use the camera feature.
Some times don't use it for weeks at a time, but carry it ever day.
I want something simple to use that I don't have to change my number.

I'm thinking maybe a "Jitterbug", anybody have experience with one, good or bad?

Any other possibilities? ~~ grnspot110

We have had very very good luck with Net10. We bought one for our daughter about 3 years ago. You have to put at least $30.00 on it every 60 days to remain active. No contracts! You don't like it, you stop paying. That's it! :thumbsup: The calls are 10 cents per minute. Texts are a nickle. All unused minutes roll over. We liked it so much, we bought a 2nd one for my wife. Daughter uses all of her minutes every 60 days. Wife still has 1400 minutes unused. :rolleyes:

The phones work better than the Verizon network that my work phone is on. From what I understand, Net10 uses a bunch of different carriers so you are more likely to have service in more places.

For a buck a day for two phones, I can't complain. They are available at Walmart. Simple phones start at twenty bucks. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #19  
Good old AT&T!!!

I guess you know that some of the AT&T stores are company stores with AT&T employees on salary, while others of the stores are franchise stores with a different owner trying to make money.

I've done much better at the company owned stores in the past, but as with any company, some stores have helpful employees while others have employees who are too lazy to do anything they don't absolutely have to do. And I've been to one of each of those company stores in the last week or two.:laughing:

/ Cell Phone Opinions Please! #20  
according to their website, net10 = tracphone. same company.