Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help..............

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #31  
To my earlier comment, the carriers often realign the antenna arrays and possibly did this which didn't help you but in their opinion helped the masses. Also, just because you can see a particular tower or cell site doesn't mean that your service is coming from that location. The more calls that are logged in for a particular location and problem then the issue is elevated in the technical group. Keep calling including anyone in you household and you will discover how the escalation process works. You obviously need to have some patience to do this though.

Good luck.

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #32  
You have received some excellent suggestions. Let me see if I can add one or two more. Use this web site to pinpoint the active towers in your area. CellReception.com . Sprint has recently changed towers in my area which is why I am suggesting you confirm where your signal is coming from. We also noticed a degradation in service recently as Nextel is being removed. Use this site to see if you can find instructions to put your phone into test mode. http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/uploads/docs/FieldTestModes06142010 wilson004.pdf If you can get your phone into test mode try to determine signal strength. It will be a negative number. -65db would be great. -100db and you have trouble with signal strength. As a last resort you can go here to find a certified installer Locations | Wilson Electronics to see if he can hlep you.

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #33  
Playing with my phone here gets me -88 to -98 dbm inside and -86dbm on the porch. No wonder we constantly drop calls...

Aaron Z

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #34  
One of the reasons Sprints service is so bad is due to they are rebuilding their towers from the ground up. I went through this for the past several months and now we have LTE so all is good.
The airrave will boost your signal, but sometimes it doesn't send and receive texts.
I know it's hard to be paitent with Sprint, but I think in the long run they will have it together.

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #35  
LTE is where they are going and where you want to be. If you can wait, you should be a happy camper.

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #36  
LTE is where they are going and where you want to be. If you can wait, you should be a happy camper.

I agree and that's the only reason I stuck it out with Sprint. LTE in the Dallas area is great.

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #37  
I know I probably should not open my mouth, but try out U.S Cellular with there 30 day trial. Always got super service, even where there map shows no coverage I've gotten great service. There customer service is so helpful they work with you if you have a problem and they get it fixed ASAP. I no matter what will ever got back to AT&T cell phone service. Heck when I went to switch phones and said how mad at AT&T I was, they knocked a lot of $$ off!
Just a small rant, but seriously they are some super good people!!!
You can also take in your AT&T or Verizon phones and they will credit you towards new phones

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help..............
I know I probably should not open my mouth, but try out U.S Cellular with there 30 day trial. Always got super service, even where there map shows no coverage I've gotten great service. There customer service is so helpful they work with you if you have a problem and they get it fixed ASAP. I no matter what will ever got back to AT&T cell phone service. Heck when I went to switch phones and said how mad at AT&T I was, they knocked a lot of $$ off!
Just a small rant, but seriously they are some super good people!!!
You can also take in your AT&T or Verizon phones and they will credit you towards new phones

Something I will certainly be considering. My wife was actually with US Cellular before switching to Sprint. She was happy with them, but wanted to eliminate our landline which for various reasons necessitated the switch to Sprint.

Ductape - kennyd is right on with his info. The providers do often realign the antenna arrays for most traffic usage which may have affected your home situation negatively.

It sounds like you have a plan. If this does not work for you and you want to stay with Sprint, I would be happy to introduce you to one of Sprints executives that should be glad to see you stay as a happy customer. I'll try to watch for your response.

Good luck.

I would be very interested in getting that Sprint executives contact info. We are now @ January 5th, and Sprint is no closer to fixing their own problems. I made it to two levels today, the regular customer service folks you get when you make a complaint, and then on to her supervisor. When I asked what became of my credit I was assured I'd get back in December, both ladies informed me that Sprint doesn't issue a credit until the problem with their tower gets resolved. WTF ???????? So I said, ' So my phone has been a paperweight for two months now, and Sprint expects me to continue paying my $125 / month bill in full, (simply everything plan) for what may be several more months...... and THEN I'll get some sort of credit??' Are you kidding me?

At least the low level customer service rep made it sound like she cared about my service. Her supervisor...... she could have cared less if I were gone today, even after I had her look up how long I have been a customer. She told me I had been with Sprint since 1998...... 15 years. :mad:

/ Cellular Experts, I Need Your Help.............. #39  
Did you not get the Airave yet?