Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #51  
I bought my 2535 brand new in 2003 and it's been a love/hate affair since getting it. For the money, it was a great deal, but I learned real fast how important dealer support is. My dealer promised everything, but never got around to doing anything. Parts have been the biggest issue. If I can find something else that will work, I avoid dealing with the dealer. Just starting it has been a nightmare. After 3 years of chasing ghosts, replacing different parts to get it to run, only to have it not start a week later force me to remove every bit of wiring and just wire it for the basics. Since then, it starts easily every time I want to use it.

I've had it almost 20 years now with 1,000 hours on it. I'm disappointed to learn that it's impossible to get some parts to rebuild the engine. I should probably sell it now, but I'll just keep using it until it dies and call it even. I don't really need it, I have three other tractors with more power, but it does come in handy for smaller projects that never seem to end.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #52  
ok so now i know why those parts aren't available anymore, its due to the dang EPA, basically they wont allow branson to import that engine parts ( as well as another model or two) due to them no being able to pass current emission standards.

That's weird- the EPA and even CARB let car and truck manufacturers sell engine and emissions parts for older models that don't meet current regs. In fact CARB insists on it. If you have a 1976 Datsun 280z (for example) its got to have the 1976 engine and emissions parts on it even though replacing it with a modern LS engine would greatly reduce emissions. There is a referee process you can go through to get that approved but it's complex.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #53  
That's weird- the EPA and even CARB let car and truck manufacturers sell engine and emissions parts for older models that don't meet current regs. In fact CARB insists on it. If you have a 1976 Datsun 280z (for example) its got to have the 1976 engine and emissions parts on it even though replacing it with a modern LS engine would greatly reduce emissions. There is a referee process you can go through to get that approved but it's complex.
yea i thought it was weird as well but that's what i was told by the ordering manager from Branson.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
Dropped the head off to a guy who was recommended by the dealer I bought it from. He is confident he can repair the cracks. Now I have to hunt down gaskets and a Thermostat. fingers still crossed but I am a more optimistic that the tractor will be useable again.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #55  
As soon as you get that thing running, Branson has some good deals on newer ones. take that thing to the dealer! LOL

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #56  
As soon as you get that thing running, Branson has some good deals on newer ones. take that thing to the dealer! LOL
If I were in this situation I would have learned a lesson and would be finding a different color dealer...

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #57  
If I were in this situation I would have learned a lesson and would be finding a different color dealer...
Things have changed since this tractor was built. Normally I would agree, but now that they have a Cummins in them and TYM owns them. I think they are better. Plus it's is really hard to beat the price on a new one vs the others. and a 6 year warranty

He could sell his tractor for 8 to 10 or so and get the one below. Also he could get a 48 HP one for 28K. just hard to beat those numbers for us poor folk.
1670506095257.png

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #58  
Have you gotten the head back yet Huckster? how's it look? can you post some pictures of the crack and repair?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #59  
I would be surprised if it's done yet. Those types of casting repairs can be very time intensive.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
I am picking it up tomorrow. I didn’t take any pictures of the cracks but will try to post some of the repair.