Century 2535 - need a new head

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #31  
Eric, i was thinking more a later model branson 3 cyl engine. Of course I don’t know but seems to me Kukje kept making them. and instead of a complete engine redesign maybe the block layout is close enough to fit. Like a 2009 or 10 Branson engine. Again all speculation. About the only thing i do know, i watch that water temp gauge like it owes me money.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head
I was told the Branson 3510 had the same exact engine but I have not been able to find any of them laying around either. The TYM parts guy I spoke to did not mention the later Branson’s as being an option though.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #33  
Based on my experience with cars and motorcycles I expect that the Yanmar-derived Kukje has the same engine to trans bolt pattern as the Yanmar it was based on. Same with the current Cummins dervived Kukje being the same as the original Cummins. And that the two do not share the same bolt pattern. I know from documentation that the changes Kukje initially made to the Cummins engine were minimal, primarily the block went from having liners to a parent bore design.

So its likely that one of the Yanmar motors of the model that Kukje copied or made under license would bolt up to the existing transmission.

I should have suggested this earlier but you should try calling Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff CA. They're a big Branson dealer and have been selling them for a long time so they should be up on the older models.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #34  
in my research I came across basically the Cummins engine for the older Branson 3510's. if anything you could call to get bell housing bolt pattern specs and measure yours once you get it off. if you go that far. I'm not even sure how much one of those crate motors would be. I think anything under 6k would be better than another tractor. I would love to know this info as well.

the A1700

Last edited:
   / Century 2535 - need a new head #35  
I could be wrong but I have a vague idea that the Branson 3510 came with two engines, the Kukje 3T90 and the Kukje/Cummins A1700 that's still being used today. The reason for that is that is was around the same time frame that Cummins signed the deal with Kukje to make engines for them.

Again, I could be totally wrong.

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #36  
I could be wrong but I have a vague idea that the Branson 3510 came with two engines, the Kukje 3T90 and the Kukje/Cummins A1700 that's still being used today. The reason for that is that is was around the same time frame that Cummins signed the deal with Kukje to make engines for them.

Again, I could be totally wrong.
I think you are right. during this time the engine change but tractor stayed the same.

I think you are right. during this time the engine change but tractor stayed the same.
So will the Cummins A1700 drop right into the 2535?

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #38  
So will the Cummins A1700 drop right into the 2535?
I think the takeaway here is intended to be that they are very likely the same but you need to verify bellhousing patterns to your comfort level before you go dropping several thousand dollars on a engine swap.
I would suggest having a face to face chat with several service mechanics at the dealer who have split a number of similar tractors. They could probably give you a more definite answer

/ Century 2535 - need a new head #39  
I think the takeaway here is intended to be that they are very likely the same but you need to verify bellhousing patterns to your comfort level before you go dropping several thousand dollars on a engine swap.
I would suggest having a face to face chat with several service mechanics at the dealer who have split a number of similar tractors. They could probably give you a more definite answer
Agreed! I think you should be able to get the bell housing measurements and layout for the A1700 from either Branson tech or any of the online Remanufacturers . then with that knowledge, split your tractor and see if those match up with yours. I'm guessing it's going to. as green said, there are techs out there that could tell you for sure.

Can anyone recommend where I can find one of these knowledgeable techs?