century C50HL loader specs

/ century C50HL loader specs #1  

bluecarpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
CK30 HST and allis chalmers b with belly sickle at dads farm. Yanmar 2210DB , ford 8N .farmall cub
How much can the century 50HL loader safetly lift. I have poured slabs of concrete that are 3ft by 10ft by 3.5 inches thick. Building my deck.
I'm looking very strongly at the Century with the 50HL loader. My dealer even carries the Loader with the skid steer QA bucket. Nice setup. I can even put forks on it. That would work nicely with the concrete slabs.
I'm just needing to know if anybody has an idea of what it will pick up. For that matter how much does that slab of concrete weight?
thanks mark

/ century C50HL loader specs
Thanks micropilot, That helps some. How do you like your century? Had any issues with it? What do you expect from it? Mark

/ century C50HL loader specs #4  
<font color="blue"> A 1.5" thick standard concrete countertop has an approximate weight of 18.75 pounds per square foot.</font>

Based on the above googled quote, your concrete slabs would weigh at least 1300# (3x10x3.5/1.5x18.75=1313).

/ century C50HL loader specs #5  
When I had narrowed my search down to the Century/Branson line, it was the strength of the C-50hl loader that made my decision for me. The controls for the C-50hl loader are right by your right hip on the fender.

I have a set of forks that attach to your bucket so they stick out even further. According to the paperwork that came with the forks this will decrease your loader capacity by 17%.

Attached is a picture of when I loaded all the trusses into my garage after the semi dumped them on the ground in the mud. This set of trusses are 26' long 16" deep and each truss weighs 130 lbs. There are 10 of them on the forks here for about 1300 lbs. It was muddy and slimy but the loader did a good job.

Attachments

• 633570-Lifting trusses with tractor (855 x 642).jpg
    633570-Lifting trusses with tractor (855 x 642).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 546
   / century C50HL loader specs #6  
This picture is of the trusses in the garage. The last stack was a bundle of 12, 26 foot trusses. This was the max for the lift capacity of the loader. The weight was way in front of the pivot point on the loader and I had to play with the loader to get it to lift it up over the stemwall for the garage. The forks did not reach the last 3 trusses so the band was carrying the weight of those, which made it bounce a little more and made the back end of the tractor really light.

I actually did not think it would lift it but am so glad it did. I really did not want to move those trusses in the rain and mud by hand. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When they stuck a Cement truck in the mud out there they had to dump 10 yards of concrete on the ground and the loader was able to pick up full loads of concrete and move it. But that is another story. Stuck cement truck

Attachments

• 633577-Trusses in Garage (855 x 642).jpg
    633577-Trusses in Garage (855 x 642).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 267
   / century C50HL loader specs #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks micropilot, That helps some. How do you like your century? )</font>

I love my Century tractor. I've got over 125 hours on it in less than a year.

Is there anything lacking versus any other comparable tractor make. No

Biggest plus to buying the Century - The price, saved ~$8,000 compared to a green or blue tractor.

Biggest liability - Small import company with a less than certain future. This could make long term support and repairs problematic.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Had any issues with it?)</font>

Had a problem with the top link. Threads got stripped or something. Original seatbelt came apart.

Dealer took care of both these problems, no questions or hassle.

Yesterday I had a spring fall out of the steering column housing/clutch pedal area. The end hook had broken. Tractor still works, but the clutch feels "soft". I'm going to take aprt the steering housing and determine where the spring goes. I expect that my dealer will deal with this promptly and without question.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What do you expect from it? Mark )</font>

Not real sure what you are asking here. I use it for bushhogging ~ 25 acres, finish mowing ~ 5 acres, loader work (lots of large rocks here so loader work is not easy on the machine), pulling stumps and small trees, box blading, lifting and moving heavy stuff.

I expect that if I do my regular maintenance, and parts supplies are available that this tractor will do what I want for many, many years.

For some photos of my tractor, detail and action shots, go here: Micropilot Photo Gallery on TBN

/ century C50HL loader specs #8  
I just added the C-50 HL to my Century 3647 today , and I can't wait till tommorow morning to go out and start picking stuff up! I've been sawing up oak trees for the past few days, and getting ready to burn, but the big ones, I've left till I had the loader to use.
The specs on the website are impressive, and I have to say that that tractor has been great so far.

anthony

/ century C50HL loader specs #9  
you say you use yours to pull stumps?
I've never been able to do that. Maybe it's the sucking clay/sand mixture we've got here, or maybe I'm not doing something right.
Are there some tips or tricks you're using?
And are we talking stumps like mine? I'm talking 20 diameter.

anthony

/ century C50HL loader specs #10  
20" diameter?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No nothing like that. Mostly 3 or 4 inch dia. I did pull one out that was about 12" dia. but had to get my neighbor to come over with his MF 1250 and both of us puling together got it loose.