Chain box

/ Chain box #1  

houser52

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600
Thanks for all the pics of ways to store your chains.

Picked up a short piece of steel square tubing earlier this week at the salvage yard and bought a couple of flange bolts today. I already had some flat steel for the bottom and Kubota orange paint. ( Doesn't match)

A couple hours later and the final product. Since it's bolted on I can modify it later if I need to but I think it's going to work out fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    720.8 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    868 KB · Views: 1,167
   / Chain box #2  
Nice!!! Works good, lasts a long time too! :thumbsup:

/ Chain box #3  
How much chain can fit in that tube?

/ Chain box
How much chain can fit in that tube?

Sorry for the delay.
There is a 12' X 1/4" and an 8' X 3/8" chain in it now with a little room to spare. I haven't had time to try different combinations of chains to actually see what it will hold. The box is 4X4" and 20" long.

/ Chain box #5  
Looks good to me - a nice sturdy steel container.

gg

/ Chain box #6  
Sorry for the delay.
There is a 12' X 1/4" and an 8' X 3/8" chain in it now with a little room to spare. I haven't had time to try different combinations of chains to actually see what it will hold. The box is 4X4" and 20" long.

Thanks!

/ Chain box #7  
Did you include some drain holes?

/ Chain box
Did you include some drain holes?

Yes. I welded a couple pieces of flat 1/8" X 1 1/2" across the bottom leaving spaces in between.

I'm thinking of tacking on another smaller chain box to that one, made the same just using a shorter piece of tubing that I have. I can then carry another chain, hammer, hatchet or whatever.

/ Chain box #9  
Not a "chain box" per se, but it certainly carries chains nicely. I like that they are all viewable and accessible quite readily.

P1010910.jpg

P1010909.jpg