CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #31  
I couldn't see the web sites detail of the harrow, but presume it one of the typical chain harrows.

I don't have an arena to rake, nor a ball field to smooth, but I think there are better tools than a chain harrow for anything else. For example, a landscape rake (look around and I'll bet that some farmer has an old one sitting around, probably a drawbar type). Some one in Colorado is making a cast section chain harrow, but I haven't been able to find them (lots heavier, probably better). Looks a lot better than the typical 'bent rod' chain harrow.

One advantage of the chain harrow is that you can flip sections over/around to do several stages at once.

One disadvantage is that the they 'fill up' with debris/thatch that rolls up and out from under the harrow. Rakes/windrow tools hold more with more positive dump control. The solid tooth harrows have more control for how aggressive they are -- and you can change it on the fly. Chain harrows are a set once, or takes a while to change.

With a chain harrow you WILL end up buying a boom pole (or, like another poster, making one). Gets it into corners and also out of the way when you park it.

Nope, was a waste of money on our part. If you want an arena drag, get a chunk of chain link fence and a telephone pole (to wrap it around) off of craigslist for a lot less. And a length of chain to attach it to your tractor.