CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #11  
Is there any "rule of thumb" to determine the proper size of chain drag harrow for one's tractor? TIA

David

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #13  
mjncad said:
Did you make that harrow Brian? Do you have any other pictures of it?

No I didn't make my harrow, it is a Martens harrow. 3 Point
Sorry, but don't have any pictures that show them any better.

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #14  
Charlesaf3 said:
any thoughts on who to buy a chain harrow from?
No farm supply stores near you? That's where I got mine. Bought four 16 square foot sections and a drawbar. Hooked them all together, then made a lift frame from used steel pipe. Added an extension to a conventional boom pole to balance the load on the three point hitch.

//greg//

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES
MtnViewRanch said:
Are you sure that a chain harrow is what you think that you want? Or do you want a fixed bar harrow like this?

Brian you know me. I think I want all sorts of things. And that's about all I ever get to do. . .think. I never get around to buying any new implements because I don't have any time (or money) left!

Seriously, I thought I would like a chain drag harrow with a 3pt lift. I like the idea of the chain drag being able to follow the contours of the land which I'm not too sure would be possible with the Marten's harrow. Of course that isn't really an issue if you have relatively flat land. My land is relatively flat but I would eventually like to carve some trails through the wooded mountainous land of my in-laws. That is whenever I get my box blade with hydraulic scarifiers!!;)

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #17  
I use mine upside down to finish my drive after using the BB, I got mine from TS

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES #18  
MtnViewRanch said:
No I didn't make my harrow, it is a Martens harrow. 3 Point
Sorry, but don't have any pictures that show them any better.

I use a Marten's harrow as well. In fact, that is my Kioti DK on the Marten's website link that Brian has linked in his post. Brian's I assume is a 12 or 15ft. model while mine is 7.5ft. model.

harrow.JPG

harrow_3.JPG

/ CHAIN DRAG HARROW USES
davkir said:
These folks make a good one. ( Loyal - Roth Manufacturing - Tine Harrows )
Tractor Supply sells them around here.

That's about the kind I think I would like, with a 3-pt lift. Locating one to purchase would not be a problem for me. All the equipment dealerships around here have them. There are two such dealerships I drive past most every day. I just want to see how some of the TBNers are using theirs for mine and other's inspiration!;)

I had found these about a year ago at Country Manufacturing. They are about what I would want but I feel like I may be able to get the same cheaper locally.