Chains, which style?

/ Chains, which style? #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
OK, BX 2230 with loader, flail mower. Turf tires. Need more traction for steep slopes, going up and down, not across. looking at either the ladder style ir the diamond/H style. Have no idea which is better. Will probably only be used for bush hogging and maybe some snow moving, so they will be put on only when needed.
Suggestions? Comments?

/ Chains, which style? #2  
OK, BX 2230 with loader, flail mower. Turf tires. Need more traction for steep slopes, going up and down, not across. looking at either the ladder style ir the diamond/H style. Have no idea which is better. Will probably only be used for bush hogging and maybe some snow moving, so they will be put on only when needed.
Suggestions? Comments?

I've been running the V-Bars summer and winter for over 15 years.

tractor-tire chains-tractor chains

They work on ice, and don't tear up the lawn .

I've got two sets for the Bolens rears, With both on "overlapping" Winter traction is great. ;-)

/ Chains, which style? #3  
Suggestions? Comments?

Go to tirechains.com and read the recommendations on the website. The advantages/disadvantages of all types are thoroughly discussed.

SDT

/ Chains, which style? #4  
You also want to ensure that there is enough clearance between your tires and fenders for whatever style that you get. My 3301 barely has enough clearance at the bottom of the fender for my modified ladder chains.

/ Chains, which style? #5  
   / Chains, which style? #6  
Here's the link to their table that compares different styles/types of chains in different conditions:
Tractor Tire Chains-Comparison-Application

Going by that web site there diamond studded are the only ones to consider;
These Aquiline studded are the style that I prefer and would recommend;
Aquiline Tire Chains
The studded square or diamond pattern chain will provide more traction and grip both pulling and stopping as well as side hill stability
then any other tractor chain on the market.
I have used every style made and I was amazed at the performance increase with this style, even two link spaced v bar reinforced can't come close.
These also have the best ride on frozen ground or pavement.

/ Chains, which style? #7  
You also want to ensure that there is enough clearance between your tires and fenders for whatever style that you get. My 3301 barely has enough clearance at the bottom of the fender for my modified ladder chains.
I'm guessing you had R1 ag tires... because your L3301 is the same as my former L3200. And with R4s on there there was no chance in **** I was getting chains on without hitting anything sitting still, much less spinning the tires & flinging chains out. Would have needed to get some decent spacers on to mount rear chains. I got by ok with only front chains rather than use spacers as i liked the 60" track & it matched my impliments.