Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #11  
Beenthere-My scabbords are much the same as Stuard's, but one on each side. I find it easy to get the saws out from the tractor OR the ground. Granted my BIG saw is only a 026.
I find that its better to have the saw up where I can watch them when in heavy brush, that way I can tell that I'm about to drive off without one.....
Now if I could just find a good spot for the gas, oil and wedge...

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #12  
To stuart
Talking about chainsaws, I have switched to Enviro Oil which is vegetable based. As I am taking pride in my property why would I want to spray mineral based oil all over the grass and trees. So I switched to vegetable based oil. If I am cutting in a wood yard and the wood is for the stove then mineral base is less money to buy.
Craig Clayton

Been using 100% corn oil from grocery store for bar oil, it has a higher flash point and better for the environment

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #13  
Wife asked why I had a picture of my tractor with different saw
its a great spot for the saw
I didn't build mine till I crushed one saw I har in the bucket

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #14  
Beenthere-My scabbords are much the same as Stuard's, but one on each side. I find it easy to get the saws out from the tractor OR the ground. Granted my BIG saw is only a 026.
I find that its better to have the saw up where I can watch them when in heavy brush, that way I can tell that I'm about to drive off without one.....
Now if I could just find a good spot for the gas, oil and wedge...

Yeah, there in lies the reason I have not yet built scabbords, besides the time...
I usually have 2 saws, a 16" limber and a 32" feller plus gas and oil... So I end up needing to haul stuff in the bucket anyway. Plus finding a way to store a 32" saw is tricky.
The loader uprights are a nice idea but larger saws would block egress to the right (which I had to do in a hurry the other day due to an unseen hornets nest!).
I can't use the ROPS because I often have the backhoe on, especially when logging.

A scabbord for my rifle is higher priority right now due to the explosion of gophers and squirrels we are having. Argh!!

Guess I am really not contributing here...just whining...but I feel better now :)

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #15  
Was looking for a way to carry my saw with me around the property. Came up with this idea having seen someone make a scabbard for their saw from scrap wood. Then I anchored it in the arm for the FEL.

Yup! This is mine on my 990.

Attachments

• 100_0529.jpg
    100_0529.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,019
   / Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours
Perfect location for your saw. NOW paint it green.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #17  
I went with a different location. It holds chainsaw, logging chains, gas, wedges, helmet, chaps, rope and some other small stuff. Works for me.

Attachments

• Going for firewood1 sm.jpg
    Going for firewood1 sm.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,645
   / Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #18  
Easygo,
Great looking carrier for your saw and everything else you would need for a trip to the woods. Looks like a lot of thought went into that build!

A little off subject, but what are the two orange plates by your left lift arm for? I see the upper one has numerous holes in it. Is that for some special attachment?

Mike

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #20  
I need to do this on my 855. I have a project awaiting my attention where I'll be using the FEL and have teh rotary on the back which means no place for the saw(s), gas, oil & chains which I will need.