Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #31  
Bebbington, that looks like decent solution to a difficult problem. Looks like you could hang all sorts of stuff off the bottom. And I like the way you mounted the side view mirror on it.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #32  
I wouldn't get far hanging my pole saw off the ROPS like that. It would for sure catch on the first (or second) limb and prolly bust a $900 tool. Nope, can't do it.

But wish you well on your trips through the woods. :)

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #33  
I wouldn't get far hanging my pole saw off the ROPS like that
+1
At my place I worry about the muffler let alone something that long hanging just where I can catch it -- looks neat though:thumbsup

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #34  
Got at least 20 tractor hours with the pole saw riding like that, all thru the woods & trails, & so far so good. Now, I have always had the bush hog on the back, which helps keep me focused on how far out the rear end (& pole saw) is swinging. And I've gotten chiggers so many times this summer I go to great lengths swerving to not brush me against branches/ leaves/ moss/ anything, which helps the tractor & pole saw miss those things, too.

The saw was $600, not that that's a whole lot better than $900 ... but it is surprisingly flexible. Especially the chain bar, that sucker bends like a banana & always comes back.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #35  
Finished mine up last night.. I don't remember who came up with the choping block design, but Thank you! :drink:

1000000387.JPG

1000000385.JPG

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #36  
Chopping block design? What is that?

Placement of yours looks very good. Are there two U-channels of aluminum? Is the chain significant to the holder?

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #37  
There was a thread on that.

One tbn'er took a regular cutting board from kitchen that is plastic and cut it up to make a scabbard holder and mounted on tractor just like what you see. I say its a dandy idea since its tough, not heavy and easy to clean. :thumbsup:

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #38  
Chopping block design? What is that?

Placement of yours looks very good. Are there two U-channels of aluminum? Is the chain significant to the holder?

The Aluminum is just 1" angle to clean up and protect the corners. It also acts as a big 'washer' for the bolts. Bolts are attched to the loader bracket (drilled and tapped)

Chopping block makes up the entire scabbard, front back and sides. The saw blade / bar never touches metal. There is no bottom, If I want to run a longer bar, it will just stick out the bottom of the scabbard a bit. There is quite a way to go before it would be in 'harms way'.

The chain is part of the loader, just holds the keeper pins to the big loader pin.

I got the cutting board at target (never saw a black cutting board before) so that kicked off the project. I think it was ~$10. The Aluminum was $5 at Lowes, and another $6 in stainless hardware.

There was a thread on that.

One tbn'er took a regular cutting board from kitchen that is plastic and cut it up to make a scabbard holder and mounted on tractor just like what you see. I say its a dandy idea since its tough, not heavy and easy to clean. :thumbsup:

Yep. I belive they are HDPE (high density polyethylene) Tough as nails, won't dull the saw blade, water, oil and gassoline proof, and very light. It cuts with the table saw, and is very easy to work with.

/ Chainsaw Holder/Carrier--Show me yours #40  
I usually have my log trailer when I go up to the woodlot, which has enough room in the tongue triangle to store what I need. (Only carry the spare tire on road trips.) Without the trailer, and just the winch, I have a 2" square-mount carryall from Craigslist. I added plywood sides and it holds what I need: 2 saws, wedges, fuel, oil, cant hook, chaps, helmet, axe, chains, etc. I rarely go to the woods without the winch, which has the 2" square mount receiver welded on.
I used to carry the saws on the winch - those rectangular chain slots in the 2nd. pic with a wood liner - but that put them too close to the ground and to the action end of the winch. The loader post racks seem like a good idea, just that I have a bit of a trip to get up to where I cut, and need lots of supplies.
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_7344 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7344 (Small).JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_4901 small.JPG
    IMG_4901 small.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 702